cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling an Invoice that has already been paid in FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP'ers,

We have an issue where as we can cancel an invoice using VF11, even though the invoice has been paid and cleared from the customers account. Seems that there should be some sort of check on the status of the invoice. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, did you ever fix it or is it just an SAP Bug?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Jim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim

This is standard SAP behaviour - the billing document can be cancelled and this creates a new accounting document - credit to customer which can then be adjusted accordingly -

cheers

nandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandu,

Thanks for the quick response. So even though the invoice is no longer open on the customer's A/R account in FI and it was paid in full and has an SAP clearing document, VF11 does not recognize this? It just doesn't seem right that. Seems like a disconnect exists. I mean if you try to reverse a document from SD in FI, it does recognize the link and states that it must be done in SD.

Thanks again for your prompt response.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim

Yes there is a disconnect - but let us look at this froma different prespective altogether as why SAP could have gone for this approach:

1) Clearing is an Accounting functionality and not linked to SD - so there is a dis connect

2) After clearing, if it is found that the credit in the customer was wrong and so should not have been cleared in the 1st place - if the linkage with SD billing is kept, then we have a bigger problem - I have seen this happen in a few clients accounts -

in such case, we can reverse the documents in SD and carry on or go for a returns order without any issues

considering this and may be it could be some other criteria which SAP would / might have taken in to account for the design of this process.

cheers

nandu

Answers (0)