cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner func

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where BP and PY are same (they are the same person with same address). Can I have the partner determination set up in such a way that in sales order I only get to see one, and don't have to select the BP and PY seperately (I have multiple Payer's(and ofcourse BP's), I have set up multiple payers and BP's in customer master so I get a pop up in sales order to choose the PY and BP seperately whereas they both are same). Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am really confused as to what your problem is and what scenrio you want.

please if you can clarify it, i would be able to suggest some relevant solution.

regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenario is I have multiple payer’s for a customer and each of them can use there personal means (like cash, credit card) to pay for whatever they buy, and we also send the invoice to the same person who buy stuff and not to the company, so basically BP & PY are the same and there are multiple of them, initially I created multiple BP’s and PY’s customer under acct group which had all 4-sp/sh/bp/py and assigned these customer to the SP customer, so I get a pop up in sales order to choose which BP and PY I need…..but the business doesn’t want to confuse the users, since both BP and PY is the same person, so why not just ask to choose only one of them….how to do this? I will try murali’s method shortly, but I figured out another way in Set up partner determination for Sales Doc Type: Field for source and sequence in partner functions in procedure, have the source for PY set to BP and the sequence no: 1 and BP 0 or blank. This basically gives only one pop-up, but this setting is only possible if BP & PY are same all the time, which may not be a case.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi umakanth

If you dont want to get any popup in the sales order , for multiple BP and PY, maintain single BP& PY only.

But as you are telling that for different for different means like cash , credit cards and other personal means, different payers will be there. so you need to maintain different payers

Now , why the system gives a popup is, because it is the user who knows who is paying through cash , credit card or other personal means. SAP system doesnt know. that is the reason it gives the popup in the sales order and user can select the appropriate BP or PY depending upon the transaction

Reward if it is useful and let me know iff you have any other queries

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you answer. Yes I am maintaining multiple BP and PY and I get a pop up of list of BP and PY from which I choose. Requirement is since BP and PY are the same person, so the business wants to know if the pop-up can display only one either BP or PY for eg: if pop up displays BP then after I choose it, the payer credit card is shown in the payment card of sales order. This is where I am stuck now, how to display just one in the pop up and not both??

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi umakanth

As BP & PY are the same persons and even the adresses is also same then i think , its sufficient to maintain only multiple BP in Customer master.data as BP has the functionality of PY also .

so with one pop-up your requirement will be fulfilled.

let me know if your query is solved or not and tell me the status

Reward if useful

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinath,

the problem with this is, credit card information is not displayed in payment card in sales order though it is maintained in the BP/PY customer master (BP/PY acct group), only if PY is mentioned in the partner procedure of SP acct group and only if a PY customer is assigned to it, then we get the credit card in sales order.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Umakanth,

If the Sold-to-party is same then you select Sold-t0-party account group create customer master.

Here that sold-toparty act as Ship-toparty,Bill to party and Payer.

If the Sold-to party and your Bill to party or Payer are different

-->Copy the standard Bill to part partner dtermination procedure RE then rename it.

-->Maintain the partner functions BP and Py in your partner dtermination procedure.

-->Then select the bill to party account group from the standard copy that.

-->You assign Partner dtermination procedure to the account group.

-->Then you assign partner functions BP-bill to party and PY-Payer to our account group.

-->Create customer master with the bill to party account group.

--->then assign this customer (partner) to the Sold-toparty in the Partner function tab.

Now You create sales order for the sold to party

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.