cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA: How to change alert DAYS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to know how to change days of EarlyWatch alerts. They all are setup for every Monday. How can I change some of them to be scheduled for some other days as well. I'm on SOLMAN SP13. Before SP13, I was able to change the days by going to tcode DSWP, select solution, then solution Landscape > solution Landscape Maintenance > Solution settigs > Here I was able to see days etc...

Can some one please help me?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Did you refresh service definition? In satellite system, Go to SDCCN create Task Refresh Service Definitions.

2. Go To -->Settings --> Task Specific Check, RFC destinations, Back Destination RFC should point o Solution Manager.

3. Check if Back destination RFC is working fine. Check whether you have maintained SOLMAN as master system here.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raguraman C,

I have tried everything as you have mentioned. I just did it again.

Thanks,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger,

I really appreciated your time and spirit that you provided me with step by step. I have found one of the RFC's with password problem. So I just have fixed that one. Also, I found one more system with RFC _Back which was not in master, I was able to do that also. Let see in couple of days. I'm hoping for good result.

Thanks everyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even though you refresh - you hvae to refresh from the Solution Manager RFC connection. If you don't have a connection defined for Solution Manager - then this is your problem. The red flag is that a system has not responded by the scheduled date for the session to have been run.

In the settings for your SDCC on the remote system, make sure that the Solution Manager RFC is set properly and not the OSS Connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent replies guys,

Now I have been running with one problem. I had configured EWA in every system. But the problem is some of them are generating report and some of them are not. I have tried the following config.. to fix it.

1. SDCCN administration: RFC's looks fine

2. Whole SMSY settings looks fine

3. Even I have configured Self-Diagnosis, I have fixed what ever needed according to Self-Diagnosis.

Else I don't know why is it not generating EWA report. All of my system's EWA report delivery date/day was same. Now I just have changed it since SAP recommend to use different different dates if there are many systems.

Please let me know what do you think the next approach should be. ..

Thanks,

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Now I have been running with one problem. I had configured EWA in every system. But the problem is some of them are generating report and some of them are not. I have tried the following config.. to fix it.

What does it mean reports are "not generated"?

- do you get the red icon "Session Data overdue" in Solution Manager?

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stoecker,

Yes that what exactly I'm getting an error. Red flag session data overdue.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might need a " Refresh Service definition " in SDCCN ( note 727998 )

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

I have been refreshing Service Definition. Did not get any result. I will do configuration again. May be something went wrong. We all know it's SAP.

Thanks,

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Red flag means, no data collected or transferred yet.

Relevant for missing EWA data in SolMan is the RFC destination from Satellite System to SolMan.

Please check the following in the Satellite System:

• RFC Destination (default name: SM_<SID>CLNT<client>_BACK ) to SAP Solution Manager exists and is functional.

• Transaction SDCCN (Service Data Control Center) must have been activated. Maintenance Package runs daily. RFC Destination (default name: SM_<SID>CLNT<client>_BACK ) is assigned in SDCCN: Goto -> Settings -> Task-Specific -> Session Data Collection -> RFC Destinations -> Settings.

• Check protocol of SDCCN. You should find a task "EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager" (or similar)

Best regards,

Ruediger

Edited by: Ruediger Stoecker on Apr 1, 2008 9:04 PM

Edited by: Ruediger Stoecker on Apr 1, 2008 9:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have similar problem/

RFC Destination (default name: SM_<SID>CLNT<client>_BACK ) to SAP Solution Manager exists and is functional.

Transaction SDCCN (Service Data Control Center) has been activated. Maintenance Package runs daily.

EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager task missing in SDCCN.

How I can resolve it?

Many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruediger,

Do you know the object need(authorization) to access the EarlyWatch Alert Administration under Solution Monitoring --> Early watch Alert. Because I need to change the EWA date, but it was in disabled mode(grey color).

How can I make this changable.

Thank You.

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Please check if the RFC of the type "BACK" is maintained in transaction SDCCN. To do so, use path: GoTo -> Settings -> Task specific -> RFC destinations -> settings. If you cannot see the RFC of the type "BACK" on the list of RFCs, add it by going into change mode -> Add RFC destinations (F6)

-> select the RFC from the F4 help list and confirm.

Regards,

Ivna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Check the permissions given to the user for the authorization object D_SOL_VSBL.

Change permission should be given in this auth object.

Or copy these sap role SAP_SM_SOLUTION_ALL or SAP_SV_SOLUTION_MANAGER to some Z-roles and give all permisions to authourization object D_SOL_VSBL.

Hope this should solve your problem.

Regards,

Sanjai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To change the number of days for Earlywatch Alert,

SDCCN --> Goto --> Settings --> Task-specific --> Session Data Collection --> Data request --> Settings --> click on the next icon shown beside Settings, then go to change mode and you specific the number of days.

Is this answer useful.

Rgds, Hari.

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would NOT recommend the changes described by Hari.

The location to change EWA has been changed in SolMan.

You find it in

- for a specific Solution Landscape: transaction DSMOP: Operations Setup -> Solution Monitoring - EarlyWatch Alert - Setup EarlyWatch Alert.

- for all Solutions Landscapes: transaction DSMOP -> <Goto Solution Overview>, choose in the menu Goto -> Settings -> Solution Monitoring -> EarlyWatch Alert.

Best regards,

Ruediger

Edited by: Ruediger Stoecker on Apr 1, 2008 7:49 PM

Correction: NOT Big sorry, I was writing too fast.