cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to SDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am new to sdn forum. basically, I am Java consultant and have been trainned in to XI and MDM.

please guide which is best track either XI or MDM.

What about the SAP market.

Thank

shankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

As far as MDM and XI is concern you should come across a scenario where Xi is becoming a middle where to make a communication between SAP systems and by MDM we are trying to do Consolidation and Harmonization of master data.

And as far as SAP mkt is concern MDM is ready to be hot cake.so just try to integrate with both of these two system you will be able to learn lot's of tecnicalities and functionalities of these SAP system.

hope it helps. Please reward.

Rgds

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shankar,

Luckily some one has already put the blog addressing your concern which is available at the link as:

/people/community.user/blog/2008/03/31/how-to-search-sdn

I am sure going thru this blog will help you a lot.It has reprecented sertain things with required screen-snaps.

Regards,

Krutarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

You are at the right place at the right time.

I am not saying this just because it is an MDM forum but because MDM is really a brillliant tool.

The only challenge MDM is facing as of now is that of stability.SAP is still coming with newer versions of MDM every few months and improvising this tool which means this tool has not reached its steady best state as of now.

But this i believe is the phase through which every new technolgy has to go through before reaching its best.

As for you,since you have a good knowledge in XI it will be very easy as well as very useful to get in to MDM,as MDM is a tool of managing master data from differnt systems which includes both ERPs as well as other legacy systems and integrating that is the major work which is done by XI.So Xi definitely plays a very important role in MDM.

Besides MDM is a configuration driven tool so its easy to learn as compared to other technologies at the same time its very powerful.

Once MDM establishes it self in the market and gains customer confidence then theres no stopping for it.

Hope it helped

Kindly reawrd points if found useful

Thanks & Regards

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

First of all, Welcome to SDN.

You are at the right place as MDM is the hot cake for today and XI has always been an important tool for integrating systems. Hence I feel you are lucky to get yourself trained in both the technologies.I have seen people getting preferences if they are ware of both MDM and XI. Also I am very glad to tell that MDM Consultants are precious gems now.

Also: MDM deals with Managing the Master data. Master Data can be prsent in any ECC system or Legacy systems.

Hence the data is brought into MDM from these source system and then processed upon.

Now most of the time, MDM is integrated to these source systems using XI.

Hence, if you have knowledge in both MDM and XI, it will be very very handy.

And about the SAP Market : Since MDM is a new tool, it is getting developed with every new verion getting launched into the market. Also Hot fixes and patches are released for improving and fixing small bugs.

Right now, the latest verion of MDM is MDM5.5 SP06. We are expected to get the most stable version of MDM , i.e MDM5.5 SP7.1. This is expected to be very strong.

Also as you have mentioned that you are Java consultant, you can use your Java skills in MDM integration with EP with the help of Java API's.

I am also sending you links of some of the previous threads posted by new people to MDM.

[/thread/683426 [original link is broken];

[;

Hope it helps.

*Please reward points if helpful.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain