cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create PO related invoice - before goods receipt/confirmation

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all, sorry to ask this very basic question as our system is not working at the moment and I cannot test this out and have very little experience creating PO related invoice in SRM.

First of all, we are operating on SRM 4. I would like to find out whether it is possible to create an invoice with reference to a PO before we create the goods receipt.

The reason why I ask this question is because I was reading up on the IMS functionality that is available from SRM 5 onwards and it listed the functionalities that are available that weren't in the earlier releases. One point mentioned was on the ability to receipt invoice prior to confirmation of goods receipt. I also read from the help document that we can enter invoice with reference to PO for which confirmations have already been entered or for which no confirmations are expected. There is no mention on situations when the confirmation is not done yet.

Appreciate your advice on the above.

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry all, I think I am confusing everyone. May be it's because the question is too basic. There is nothing fancy with the PO here. It's a PO initiated from SRM with goods receipt and invoice receipt indicator turned on BUT NOT GR-BASED invoice indicator. I just want to know whether it is possible for me to create an invoice with reference to the PO in SRM if I have not yer done the goods receipt. If I do this in ECC/R3, the invoice would have been blocked (if tolerance allowed).

Even though I know that this should be possible in SRM but because some statements in the SAP help documentation sort of implies that it might not be the case and I do not want to assume it. Plus I have not worked with creating PO related invoices in SRM before and so just want to confirm that it is working. It doesn't help when I was trying to test this scenario in our own system that the system outputs a message relating to backend communication not working.

However, I finally got a chance to test this in another client' site and found that it is possible to create an invoice with reference to a PO even before the goods receipt is posted. Though I have yet to find out why I am getting a different error in our own system, I am happy for now that it is working.

Thanks all for your reply!

Regards

SF

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check PO header detail in BBP_PD transaction.

Table BBP_PDPSET

GR_IND - Goods Receipt Indicator

IR_IND - Invoice receipt indicator

GR_NON_VAL - Goods Receipt, Non-Valuated

GR_BASEDIV - GR-Based Invoice Verification

ERS - Evaluated Receipt Settlement (ERS)

If GR-Based Invoice Verification is X, you need a confirmation before invoicing.

Regards,

Masa

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! The PO is set up probably expecting a confirmation/goods receipt. However, I am trying to test a situation where the invoice is being create prior to the goods receipt being done and hence the question.

Regards

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

You uncheck 'GR expected for Invoice' to all your POs and be sure that you are change mode. If volumes are very high then ask your tech to develop a custom program to do this mass change.

After that you can post the Invoice with ref. to the corresponding POs.

Reward points for helpful answers.

Regards,

Satya

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not clear your issue or question. Can you explain your business process ?

Regards,

Masa