cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete report data as created by "Save Data" opt from Report Menu?

former_member408018
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, Is there a way to delete the data as save by using "Save Data" from Report Menu from one of the SAP Standard Report such as S_ALR_87013568? One of our users has selected "Save Data" option from Report Option of Menu Bar instead of selecting Export data. Now a message of "Report Data of 3/31/2008 14:58:04" is shown every time when the report is executed. I know we'd select the "New Selection" option instead of using this default "Report Data..." option but is an extra step that they need to select.

Also, is there a way to config to hide this "Save Data" option from Report Menu so that they cannot pick this option by mistake??

Thank you for your help.

Tracy Leung

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I also forgot to say that you can delete these items using transaction CJEY

With regards to removing this option....it may be possible by removing the authorisation values E0 (Save Extract) from G_800* authorisation objects

But...Probably best speaking to your Roles and Auths person who could carry out a trace when you run the save to identify if this can be done by removing authorisations

Regards

Steve

Edited by: captain caveman on Apr 1, 2008 11:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve, I'll keep this in mind for our Role Support. You are great!

Thanks again!

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check Out OSS note 934662 "Deleting Frozen Data in the report"

It looks as though the frozen version maybe stored in table COIX_DATA40

Let us know if this OSS note works

Regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve, Thank you for the OSS 934662 data. However, we are still running with SAP 4.71 and not 6.0 yet. Per the note, we might need to implement the corrections which requires some more efforts. I don't know if the OSS would work or not. But in the meantime, I did check out COIX_DATA40 table and did found the record. I ran CJEY and entered Fiscal year 2008 and Period 003 and was able to delete the data. Now when I run the report, I don't see the message "report data of 03/31/2008" from Project Report displayed anymore! So, CJEY does seem to work. I only tested this in our DEV system and don't have access to CJEY in our PROD system.

By the way, CJEY doesn't seem to find the entry if I entered "Delete Date to (Exclusively)" with 03/31/2008. Not sure why?? But if I left it blank and entered Fiscal Year 2008 and Period 003, it found the entry and I was able to delete it. Thank you so much for the helpful data. This is my first posting in SAP Community Network and I'm really glad to join!!

Tracy