cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the pitfall to upgrade from CCV4 to CCV5.2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently on CCV4, and we would like to upgrade to V5.2. First of all, can we skip V5.1 and go directly from V4 to V5.2? Secondly, if we do that, are there table conversions and data conversions involved? Thirdly, what are the main functionality benefits going from V4 to V5.2? I know some of the other benefits, such as V5.2 is NW compatible, V5.2 is part of the GRC suites, and GRC complements IDM, etc.

Is it a big effort converting from V4 to V5.2?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your feedback. Since then I have learnt a lot more about CCV5.2. I am comfortable about upgrading our CCV4 system to CCV5.2, and go from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CC 4 - ABAP, Installed on R/3 target machines

CC 5.2/3 - JAVA, Instralled on separate Java server

NetWeaver skills are required to make sure that the Java side is installed and working correctly, memeory settings, numbers of threads, JCOs etc etc

Once installed the skills and knowledge required for configuration are very similar for both CC 4 and CC 5.x. And, yes you can skip to whichever version you want to go to.

It is not really a conversion you are performing it is really a completely new installation of a new product.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP GRC Access Control 5.3 has been released in ramp-up. It's functionality is comparable to release 4.0. When considering an upgrade I recommend that you consider joining the ramp-up program for GRC Access Control 5.3. You may want to check with your organization's SAP account executive on details regarding the ramp-up program.