cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am doing a scenario where I am sending all WBS elements from SAP(IDOC) to 3rd party system(SOAP) -IDOC TO SOAP.First I need to send all WBS elements in the initial load and later if any WBS elements changes of updated I need to send them on a daily job.I am using the message type PROJECT and basic type PROJECT01.How can I trigger the IDOC?I have heard of change pointers and message control,not sure how to use them.Can I use it for my scenario,if so how?

Thanks

Points will be awarded

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While your IDOC->XI->SOAP scenario is configured on XI then you can manually send WBS by tcode: CJAL. This tcode might be also used for initial load.

Rough plan to configure change documents/pointers:

SCDO - Display Change Document Objects

You might use one of these depends on the changes you want to distribute:

PROJ Project structure plan (PSP)

PROJS Standard project definition

BD61 - Active change pointers generally

BD50 - Active change pointers for Message Type

You need to add your message type.

BD52 - Change document items for message type

Add the fields that you need to transfer while their values have changed

BD60 - Additional data for message type

Here you need to specify Z-function module that will be used to create IDocs. Use some another FM as a template: MASTERIDOC_CREATE_SMD_*

Schedule program RBDMIDOC to create IDoc from change pointers.

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jakub,

Thannks for the reply,tcode CJAL works fine.As you said I too think it works only for initial load.

Not sure how to do the delta load,not sure if we have to use change pointers or other methods.Can you please let me know if you have more info.

Thanks

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For distributing changes you need to use change pointers - ref. my previous post for details how to set up change pointers.

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

In BD60 - Additional data for message type,I need to specify Z-function module,can anyone tell me which function module to use?

Thanks

Points will be awarded*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am setting up change pointers for my scenario.While configuring BD60- Additional data for message types,can any one tell me which function module to use for message type PROJECT.

Any feedback appreciated guys

Thanks

Points will be awarded.

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am setting up change pointers for my scenario.While configuring BD60- Additional data for message types,can any one tell me which function module to use for message type PROJECT.

Hi,

That's your challenge As I mentioned above:

> BD60 - Additional data for message type

>

> Here you need to specify Z-function module that will be used to create IDocs. Use some another FM as a template: MASTERIDOC_CREATE_SMD_*

You need to write your custom Z-FM based on some existing FM. Just pick up some that starts from: MASTERIDOC_CREATE_SMD_*

Regards,

Jakub

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos