cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a released Project Element in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would like to know if anyone has modified cProjects to allow users to delete released tasks? Or in general have the ability to remove project elements which have been released at one time.

My users (as well as myself) don't understand the purpose for not being able to delete elements once they've been released.

Is there a config option to allow this or a customization?

Any success stories out there, or similar requests?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Once released the Project element can not be deleted..

As far as Customizing is concerned ther e is nothing there to allow you to delete released element

Raise to SAP...

There could be a report to delete the Element based on Id.

Niranjan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_berndt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the fact that tasks (and other objects) can't be deleted once they've been released is a design decision, it's not a bug. Among others this has legal reason,s namely to guarantee accountability and ensure to possibility to fully track a project trhough its life-cylcle.

I'm afraid, that even if an OSS message will be opened on this the answer will be rather similar.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that it's by design and in some cases there is likely a legal requirement. I, and my organization, feels that this design limits some flexibility in how real life project structuring and task management is handled.

Perhaps we only need to hide these elements from the overall project structure in a previous version, or that based on some status they can be hidden complete in a default view from the structure.

So, I was interested to see if there's been any developments or ideas in this direction to support more flexibility of the structuring in the tool.

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can archive the project only. ( TCODE - SARA )Have not checked the feasibility of deleleting the released element individually.

Amit