Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving device id failed while trying to create setup package

maristot
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SAP MI 2.5 ; SP21 (NW2004). I am trying to create a setup package including the following:

1. DB2E version 912

2. MI2.5 SP18 Framework

3. Addon MI 2.5 SP21 (to pacth MI SP18 to MI SP21)

4. MAU 3.0 SP05

I have included the device configuration in the sequence that they appear above into a Hierarchy Group and assigned users to this group.

When trying to create the set up package for any of these users I get the following error:

0050 tc.mobile.admin.bl ; 172344 20080331 Retrieving device id failed.

The last successful statement in the log Viewer is (i.e. before the above error appears)

"Set the communication server port to 45004"

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank in advance.

Kind Regards

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

Since you are creating a setup package it is not recommended to use SP18 and then use the addon to upgrade to SP21. Instead directly use the SP21 Client SDA file and deploy the same on your J2EE Engine and then create a setup package. This should work fine. If not let me know.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

maristot
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

Thank you very much for quick response.

I have tried what you have suggested. It doesn't throw an error any more but the setup package creation is not completed. Looking at the log viewer It seems that it stuck at the following point:

0070 tc.mobile.admin.bl ; 174044 20080401 Set the communication server port to 45013

0070 tc.mobile.admin.bl ; 174044 20080401 Retrieving device id.

This point is the same that was previously kicking the error.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running in the same issue. can you please, let me know if you got the solution.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike / SJ ,

We are running in to same error. Were you able to resolve the issue ? If so , could you please share the fix ?

Thanks,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rama,

Which option did you select MDI (Multiple Device installation) or otherwise?

Regards,

Veera