cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details (Filter)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This question is about the details(filter) option in planning book navigation.

If I have a list of materials and the total is 100. Let's say it has 5 materials under it and the disaggregation is equal 20 each like below

Material (details all) 100

Material1 20

Material2 20

Material3 20

Material4 20

Material5 20

This is good till now. If I choose Details(filter) and select only 3 materials, the total still shows up as hundred even though the total is supposed to be 60 as below:

Material (details(filter)) 100

Material1 20

Material3 20

Material5 20

Questions:

1. Shouldn't the total be displayed as 60 instead of 100? If not that is misleading to users

2. Is there a way I can either display a message when the user drills down using filter, saying the total is not total of these chars under but the total of all materials? but I have to do this every where then....doesn't seem to be a good option.

Is the system behaving wrong or is this standard? How do you deal with this case?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Well its a filter and does not reload the data gain hence does not recalculate the total thats already loaded. So its not a bug

to get the total the way you want it, use the shuffler and the contl key to choose just material 1, 3 and 5 and load it and then drill down

if you still want the total to recalculate based on the filter you might have to get some development done on the code where the totals go - you can use a badi macro to do this....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harish and Srinivas,

Is there a way to hide the totals when you drill down to details(filter) level?

Harish, can you give me more details on the BADi macro you talked about to calculate the totals when I drill down to details(filter)?

Thanks.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check

?

I think this should do the trick for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

its easily implemented with the macro. I havent had a look at the link in srinivas' mail but i guess it has to do withuising row_visible(0) at the aggregate level. This has a few issues - like if you display a single material it will not show anything (as far as i remember) but will work fine for a drill down

for the badi your developer should be able to pick it up - its not a generic badi that will do just this but you can look at modifying /sapapo/sdp_interact and putting it in the macro builder as a user exit macro

you need to figure out the row that is represented by total(which will be based on the total number of Kf you have etc) and set it to calculate the total or make it invisible

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System is behaving correctly. The Total is the true total and not the total of just the selected line items. That is the default behaviour and to my knowledge there is no easy way to change this behaviour.

The least you can do is to have users modify the selection realtime without saving it with just the characteristic value selection they are interested in. That way the scope of what you see in data view is limited by the selection ID.