cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Table View : Column Visibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am trying to show a table in which certain Columns will be visible at all times and some will be visible on click of a check box. To do this I am using a context attribute of type Visibility which should be set to VISIBLE when the check box is checked. The problem is While I can see all other columns on load, the check box doesn't seem to work. That is when I click on the checkbox, the View doesn't show the additional rows.

Anyone knows why this could be happening????

Points guaranteed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you assigned an action to the CheckBox.onSelect event? If not, there is no server roundtrip triggered and the visibility is not updated.

I would create two context attributes "ColumnsVisible" (boolean) and calculated attribute "ColumnsVisibility" (Visibility), assign an empty action to the CheckBox.onSelect event, bind CheckBox.checked to "ColumnsVisible", TableColumn.visible to "ColumnsVisibility" and implement the calc. attribute getter as

WDVisibility getColumnsVisibility(...)
{
  return element.getVisible() ? WDVisibility.VISIBLE : WDVisibility.NONE;
}

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's kinda weird but I had followed the same process. It didn't work then. Now it does. Thanks anyways for your helpful answer.

Answers (0)