Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Difference between Sales Order and Service Order

Hello!

I would like to know what is the difference between a Sales Order and Service Order?

If you make a Sales Order you can do it for a Service as well. I can also create a Sales Order in a CRM system that will be replicated in the R/3. So I'm a little bit confused.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks

Alex

Former Member replied

Alexander,

As we discussed you can make your Service order and Sales order independent by configuring the allowed item categories within the order.

If you are going to sell only tangible goods (Shippable items) in the sales order then only TAN or relevant item categories will be allowed. In the same way if you want a service specific order then only TAD item category will be used in the order.

But, coming to your question .

When I create a service order in my CRM system I have to add some goods that are needed to provide the service. So, is there any sales order created (maybe automatically, hidden) for these goods? These goods must be delivered like in a normal sales order although I created a service order.

In the above case there won't be any hidden sales order. If the ordering process involves both goods and services then invoicing would be issue if customer needs single invoice, as the goods are delivery relevant and services are Order relevant billing.

There is a way to fix this.

You need to define in your Business process that the service items which can be provided along with some goods need to be able to create a delivery. For that you should use the item category TAW and configure the item category to be delivery relevant.

Then when you create the delivery both the goods as well as the service items would be created in the delivery, the difference is the goods are pick able but not the service items.

So all the items in the delivery would be invoiced through delivery related billing.

Sorry for the long response.

But I think its worth.

Regards,

Aj.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question