Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manually created Master Data via set-up not visible in drop down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created multiple items using the SAP E-Sourcing set-up for Materials

When I go to any of the RFx, Auctions or MSA creation, am unable to pick the Materials that i created manually, even after using a * search criteria, they dont populate.

However, I can see the entire list when I check the list of available materials in the materials list in Set-up

When I say manual, i mean, I have not used the Deployment Workbook upload functionality

Can someone tell me what could be the reason and if i am doing it the right way

Looking for an urgent resolution

Regards

Tridip

+91 9902764700

SAP SRM Consultant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Tridip,

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Materials you create manually should be available for immediate use. I have done what you describe many, many times. The picker query used to select Materials in your business document is pretty simple. It should return a list of all the Materials in your context that are not marked as inactive. Is is possible you created the Materials in a different context from where you are trying to use them?

Rob

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob, please note that i created materials in the basic way

but then when am trying to use the material for creating RFx, or auction or any oher business docs, it does not reflect in the drop downs

Am I missing something here

Regards

Tridip

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't know if you might have tried this... Try to refresh cache and see if any luck.. it is a kind of wierd, never seen this type of issue in the past.

Good Luck

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have cleared the cache and temp internet files, still the problem persists

Please let me know how to proceed, incase there is a workaround on query debug or substitution

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Tridip,

I'm not sure but Kamalakar may have been talking about the system cache. However I don't believe Materials are in the cache.

Just to reiterate what I said before, is there any chance you created the Materials in a different context from where you are using them? If not, can you describe any modifications to the standard system that might be causing an issue? For example, are you using custom queries?

Rob

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob

How do i check if i am using the custom queries

Is there anyway to check that

Reagrds

Tridip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tridip,

Clearing of Cache is not the browser it is within the system cache which, this option is available under system information under setup. Since "Materials" are under Master Data we have to clear Master Data cache.

Most of the issues related to data and reports get resolved/refreshed after clearing the cache within Frictionless/SAP esourcing.

Regarding Custom Reports for Master Data Picklist:

1. Usually all out of the box reports internal name starts with FCI-. If there are any custom reports/queries then they will be named after the firms name (following firms naming standards)

2. You can get all queries and internal names by using wildcard seach (*) using "Query Definition" under setup

Good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tridip,

Would suggest to try something before going in the route of verifing queries.

1.Can you login as enterprise manager and add new material to the list and logoff

2. Re-login with your id and see if you were able to access this new material

If this is the case then there might be some issue with material picklist (might be context is hard-coded in the query and query might be custom one)

Good Luck

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamalakar

Sorry for the delayed update to the thread

I do not have the enterprise manager credentials

I will do so, when i have the access rights

Thanks for all the clarity

Cheers

Tridip

tridip_chakraborthy