cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Account 'xxxxxx' requires an assignment to a CO object"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm facing this error while releasing the invoice for accounting.

"Account 'xxxxxx' is defined as a cost element."

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rish

You might have assigned a cost center to it

go to t.code VKOA and assign to KOFK condition type , followed by sales orgn, dist channel,acctassgn grp CMR, acctassgn grp MMR, act key G/L acct

if still you are facing problem go to t.code OKB9

and still if you are facing problem go to fs00 of that G/L account 892000 and go to account assignment view and thre you deactivate the profit center

your problem will be solved.and let me know the status

Reward if useful

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinath,

Thanks for the answer, but

where is the assignment view in the transaction FS00?

Regards!!

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rish

In FS00 , go to the last tab there , inside that tab i suppose , account assignment feild will be there. please check rish. the last 2 tabs in FS00.

but for the error you are getting, i think by assigning KOFK in VKOA your problem will be solved.

can you tell me wat exactly you are doing and wat is the sales cycle and wat is the item category in the sales order.

Reward if useful

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinath,

This is a freight a/c basically.

We are adding freight charges.

I have created one cond type zd00 as freight cond. as manual

We hve done the account assignment with account key in vkoa. with kofi.cond type.

Now while releasing invoice i m facing this problem.

if u need any further details i will be glad to share more details

waiting for ur reply.

regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rish,

Mainrtain the same G/L account in VKOA for condition type KOFK, should solve your problem.

Reward if helpful.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rish,

Plz check with ur fi consultant gl a/c. bcoz u must have profit center in ur doc.

I think u will get ur problem there.

Plz reward if u find helpful

regards

nitin

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can default it in OKB9 for the Gl account based on the profit center and G.L account combination since Profit center will be obtained from the material master assignment it can be done this way.

In transaction MIGO which is for Goods receipt it posts to Fi automatically through the configuration in OBYC.

It will also be a cost element due t which it required an CO object. For this also you have to maintain a Co object in transaction OKB9

regards,

Siddharth.

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rish,

Go to transaction KA02: enter that account (Cost element)and in default acct assinmt tab

assign the Cost Centre.

Regards,

Nisha

@award pts if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rish,

Simply go to FS00 and click on edit cost element and for CElm Category give some input based on the G/L account type.

You might have to seek help of an FI consultant to do so.

Also in KA01 create this G/L account as a cost element against your controlling area assigned to your Chart of Accounts, you can do so by clicking on Extra's tab in transaction KA01.

Just let me know if it works.

Reward if helpful.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the GL account exists in OBYC . go to the TCODE KA01 enter the controlling area , give the Gl acoount No , and click on Master data tab , when u entered into the detailed screen check Default Acc Assgmnt key and enter Cost centr and save.

Regards

jayanth

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear rish

Go to OBYC, select the transaction GBB and see for the combination of 0001 / VAY / 7920, xxxxxx (G/L Account) is assigned. If not, assign it and retry. Of course, the 7920 depends on your material type valuation class for which you are trying.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi, Thanks for the answer.

for 0001/vay/7920, COGS account is already assigned.

the problem i'm facing is with freight account.

what shoul di do to resolve this problem??

Thanks & Regards!!