Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with all ready installed SAP R/3 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

well i need ur help.

i have installed SAP R/3 4.7 in my laptop for learning purpose it was working perfectly but few days ago there was some problem with my booting files. i have installed Windows server on C drive sap data on D drive and Windows XP on F drive. now due to booting problem by mistake my EDP guy has installed xp on C drive without effecting to partition and he found all sap data safe.

now what is the solution to again start SAP?? like do i need to again install SAP after formatting the laptop?? or i can start it by only reinstalling the Windows server?? kindly help me out i am in big trouble..

looking for your help.

Irfan.

Edited by: Irfan Shersia on Mar 31, 2008 2:59 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

well i m wondering but i have got solution form one system administrator...!! he has simply copy some file from his PC and past in laptop with the help of one software, hardly it takes two minutes and my Windows server & SAP application works perfectly....!!!!!

still thanks to help.

Irfan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irfan,

Though your installed drive remains,the files related to SAP in the O.S drive would have gone, As Dohr said you have to find out the missing files, else re-install. Better idea is to re- install from O.S till SAP 4.7 since its your personal Laptop and to work fine in future the initial installation should be done w/o errors.

Carry on.

Arun

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you registry was overwritten you're lost with your installation. It may be possible - if you have the knowledge or know someone who has, to "recover" the missing entries, it may or may not work.

Markus