cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal Inhouse files using Seeburger AS2 adapter...!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Has anyone managed to configure the Seeburger AS2 adapter for XI successfully to process multiple inbound message types.

We have an issue here with inbound messages being received by the AS2 adapter. We currently have it configured for inbound deliveries(Which deals with EDI files) which is working fine. The issue is that we would now like to send other messages as well. It seems the AS2 adapter only looks at the sender/receiver party combination to determine the correct sender agreement, but does not look at the message type which is a limitation. I have heard mention of a splitter module which can be used to distinguish between different messages and pass them to the correct sender agreement for processing, information on this is thin on the ground to non existent.

I have few custom Inhouse files where i need to recieve through AS2 adapter.

I need to differentiate the messages hitting to my communication channel.

ex:

1st message will be having

HDR PICKS

2nd message will be having

HDR PURCH

so based on the second field which has "PICKS" or "PURCH" , i need to pass the message to run the corresponding map.

How i need to configure to acheive these kind of custom Inhouse files through AS2 adapter??

Do i need to use splitter for these as well?? If yes how i need to use?

Is there any setting we can make at Sender AS2 adapter to differentiate each message??

Waiting for the answers.

Kindly reply if anyone knows.

Thanks&Regards

Seema.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to approach the same way as for EDI files.

by creating seperate Mainmapping and child mappings for inhouse files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have setup a scenario with edifact (different message types) using as2.

first i had to create a mapping using bic.

edifact_xxxx

in: edifact_service

out: functional acknowledgement.

in the mapping code i adjusted the called mapping, standard it will use see* changed it to e2x* (custom mapping)

in your case using flatfiles maybe you should take a look at the VDA structure, these files are also defined under inhouse.

when you define a input file adapter are you getting a classifier message?

<classifier><type>Edifact</type><classifierMappingID>XXXX</classifierMappingID><encoding>US-ASCII</encoding><additionalIdentifier></additionalIdentifier></classifier>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did a test with my edifact configuration.

in the inbound file adapter i stored a dummy txt file with the content TEST.

the file adapter gives an error message

- 2008-04-03 17:59:00 CEST: Retry interval started. Length: 60.000 s

- 2008-04-03 17:59:00 CEST: Error: javax.resource.ResourceException: --- Conversion of synchronous request from module chain ended with errors ---[Error:ID=1010;LEVEL=1] BICMapping runMapping() The mapping: Inhouse_xxxx you are trying to load cannot be found in the classpath! Maybe you forgot to compile or to activate the mapping!

It looks like seeburger is expecting a inhouse_xxxx mapping and knows the file is not a edifact message but a flatfile.

good luck.