cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM Installation and Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been asked to install/configure SRM MDM. Ive gone through lot of documentation on SAP service marketplace and am struggling to understand the components I need to install.

I have SRM system already installed and the customer wants to use SRM MDM 5.5.

I was going through the Architecture guide and what I understood from it is that I will have to install the MDM 5.5 Server, clients, a database and a WAS. Now that SMR is already in place do I still have to install WAS on the MDM system ? will the MDM sever use the SRM systems WAs and database ?

Regards,

Hasnain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188973
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hasnain,

MDM is a "stand-alone" component. You do not need a separate WAS.

You need a database instance (the usual SAP supported Databases work) and the MDM Software.

The MDM Client Software (Import Manager, Console, Clix, Workflow, Data Manager) must run on Windows Client. As far as I know the MDM Server can also run on Unix.

For searching the MDM Catalog you need a SAP J2EE (Java) Instance. If you have a EP running this will work for the beginning.

HTH

Roman

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

thanks buddy for the clarification. Now I know what I need to do.

Regards,

Hasnain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

also, do I need a separate Database for the SRM- MDM or it will use the SRM database ?

Can the client components, like MDM Data Manager, MDM Console, MDM LCIX, Import Manager etc be installed on the Unix system where I will be installing the MDM servers or these components have to be done on a separate windows machine ?

Regards,

Hasnain