cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HELP! Registry entries deleted since Windows crash. How to restore?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

My server has experienced a registry crash. My MaxDB (ECA) was working perfectly before then. I restored the registry but this was prior to the install of ECA [ECC 6.0].

Now all the entries for the ECA db is missing;

"dbmcli -d ECA" yields no such DB.

I have no backup of the DB, but all the OS files for the DB and all environment variables are present.

How do I get back this DB and all registry settings?

Thanks

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

sounds like this is quite similar to what I've proposed in this thread:

But first I propose you copy the database related config files (/sapdb/data/config/, /sapdb/data/wrk/) to some other place (just to have a backup in case anything goes wrong).

After that, reinstall the MaxDB Software via SBDINST. Make sure you choose the very same installation paths as you've done before.

Once the database software is installed again, you can reregister your database via db_create... as I've described it in the other forum thread.

KR Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lars:

Thank you for the speedy help. A little calrification first:

- I have three different SAP installs on this server. the sid ECA was the last. the other two are working perfectly fine. if I do as you ask, would that mess up my other systems?

- Is it necessary to do the reinstall f the MaxDB software since it exists already?

thanks

Tony.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

as a SAP customer you should open a support message and provide a WTS connection to the server.

The procedure I proposed will definitively affect the other installations - how far depends on how they are exactly set up.

Therefore: better open a support message and have the situation analyzed in more depth that what is possible here in the forum.

KR Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lars:

Excellent....played a few time with the commands to make it work but it did (I didn't install the software....just ran through the registration.)

Thanks

Tony.

Answers (0)