SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate the Move In/out process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to create a Move in/out using Insert Contract (EC60).

I have to automate the document creation process, and the suggested method is MOVEINOUT.Create

However, i am not sure how to call this method from my custom abap program. How do I find which class is associated with this BOR object, and how do i call it from my code.

Thanks,

Urmila

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The method you have specified in the thread is screen based method.

While automating what I feel is you require a method which is not screen based that hwer eyou need o just pass the data and create move in.You can use the BAPI BAPI_ISUMOVEIN_CREATEFROMDATA

in your ABAP programdirectly to create the move in.

I believe for using BOR methods in abap program you need

to create instance for that BOR object and then call the BOr method using it.But in that case use createnodialog method for moveindoc BOr object.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

The method you have specified in the thread is screen based method.

While automating what I feel is you require a method which is not screen based that hwer eyou need o just pass the data and create move in.You can use the BAPI BAPI_ISUMOVEIN_CREATEFROMDATA

in your ABAP programdirectly to create the move in.

I believe for using BOR methods in abap program you need

to create instance for that BOR object and then call the BOr method using it.But in that case use createnodialog method for moveindoc BOr object.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Since my last post I have been able to call the BOR method MOVEINOUT.Create from my ABAP program.

Like you mentioned, this is a screen based method and ends up displaying EC60 screen, so that the user would have to manually save the Move In and Move out Docs.

As suggested by you, I am going to use the BAPI to create a Move in Document. However I am encountering a problem, as the BAPI fails with error "Upload interim entries: Maintain one table only".

I think this has something to do with Meter Reading Results. However the meter reading table is not mandatory and in my scenario I have no readings to enter. Can you suggest some way to get around this.

Thanks once again.

Urmila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

would really appreciate if someone can help me with what automation data needs to be populated for (meter reading) for a move in .

thanks,

Urmila