cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer ID and OSS Id from previous installations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to get the Customer ID from the previous XI installations? If not, reason please.

Is it possible to get the OSS ID from the previous XI installations? If not, reason please.

Similarly for other keys..

BASIS team done the Development environment setup..and now we have new BASIS team to setup the Production environment.So, just we would like to know the above details they can get it from the previous installations or not.

Thanks & Regards

Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sara,

As far as I know I think in your case it is pretty much possible.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Actually, BASIS asked us to provide the Customer ID. So, could you please tell me from where we can get the Customer ID details from the previous installation..

Regards

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Customer id can be only seen in market place.Your system installation number can only be seen using sap easy access by going to status.But as far as i know the customer number can only be seen in market palce.

Actually why do you need the customer id to create the oss users,you just need the customers oss id thats it.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

Could you please answer my further doubts?

1. If we have proper OSS ID for the previous installation, then we can get the Customer ID..Right?

2. Is that Super user id comes with Customer ID or when we get this id?

Actually received a mail from the client for the customer ID, but we don't have super user Id details..So, please provide some more info..

Regards

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

I am confused now...

Actually BASIS team, asked us to give customer ID to create the OSS ID. In your reply, you have mentioned Customer OSS Id. Is there difference between the Customer ID and Customer OSS Id?

Regards

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Every customer will be provided with a super id.This id will be created by SAP and sent to your customer.

Ask your customer for this id. Once you get this id then you have to make an another id with all the permissions so that you can use this id to create oss ids for your team. You can do this

under data administration -->user admin. This can be done in service market place.

If you basis team has a oss id then ask them to try creating a new user in the market place if they have enough authorizations then they don't need any other super id.If not ask your customer to provide this and then you can carry out the procedure.

Every client(Customer of SAP) has only one customer id.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SARA,

Yeah Customer id is different, SAP gives it your client.

OSS id per customer will also be created by SAP.

This oss id is used to login into the market place.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sara,

A customer id is actually a business transaction related id. I mean it is used to identify the customer who is making use of SAP. It is like you buy a laptop and are given a customer id for identification purposes.

An OSS id is actually a login id that is used to log into SAP marketplace/other SAP portals. OSS IDs are always created against Customer IDs. As far I understand in your case customer id will remain the same for both development and production.

Even your basis team can figure out the customer id. I guess they will have their own Super OSS IDs against your customer id.

regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

If you want the Customer name just ask the super admin person at your client he will have all the authorization.

If you have a oss id for that client then you can see it in data administration. If you want to create an oss id for that client then you need the authorization , the super user id which sap has given to your client can be used for this.

Regards,

Vamshi.