Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File not picked up strange problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing File to file tranfer .

my source dir is AL11 and i am ftp the file to reciver system .

I am encountering strange problem .

Some times my file adapter pick the file and tranfer the files sucessfull and sometimes it does not pick the file . i trying to pick same files always i.e *.txt

in RWB cc it show no error . it gives message polling sucess but no message id in it .

i tried to deacitve and active the adapter , but it is of no use .

if anyone faced this type of problem please reply

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AL11 is transaction code not any directory. And this tcode is used to check the directory in the server.

If you are using any FTP serve then put the file in any dir of your local machine. But if you want to pick the file from XI server, then use the NFS mode in your Sender CC and select the processing mode as delete.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

thanks for ur reply and for u time,

sender file adapter was picking files before i processed 7000 idoc i.e files at one go . it created files in al11 directory and then xi stopped picking the files .

but strange that it is polling at regulary intervals and showing sucess polled message.

perviouly i was testing with max of 30 idoc i.e files .

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then in my opinion go to RWB ---> Message Monitoring and check (from the date where problem started) if you have any message in System Error or holding state. If yes, then cancel them and try again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruna,

just remove all source files from your source directory, go to ID, edit your sender file comm channel's description field, save and activate it.....then go to RWB - comm chnnel monitoring and your this sender file comm channel should be green............now put your source file in your source directory and re-run your scenario........now your source file should be picked by your sender file comm channel.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some times file adapter will not pick the file it will be strange u cant find any error regarding it..........i thnik u have proper authorization for AL11 because file adapter is picking the file...

check the processing parameters what is the mode of trasfer is it test or delete.....

better to have NFS at both the ends or take NFS at sender side...

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

phani,

i need to do FTP as other system in thrid party system

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam sure about the Error with the AL11 DIR Access Issue.

You dont have the propper Access for AL11 Directory.

Take the Source as Your FTP Server and Target alos the FTP Server with different DIR

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)Check the protocol it should be NFS.

2) Check the source directory path should be proper.

3) Select delete mode

Chirag