cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page break in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abapers,

I am having a requirement. I am having an internal table in which I am using in smartform. There is one field called packing code. If there is a change in the packing code field. the entries should be displayed in next page..i.e there should be a page break .. and it should continue the process of page break when there is change in that field again.

Correct answers will be rewarded

Thanks & Warm Regards

Nagaraj S.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use loop to branch new page whenever the values changes

for first value set the compare value to space for next value

follow this to create new page

Choose Create -> Command in the context menu to create a command node in the main window of the page.

On the General Attributes tab strips Tick Go to new page. Determine the new page using the list box next to the checkbox (it can be the same page if you want).

Regards

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your solution, But I want to know where exactly to specfy it and where shall I write my condition.. Please help me..

Thanks & Warm Regards

Nagaraj S.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have used a table in the main mindow to process this,

Find the 'DATA' tab (double click the table), there you can find the 'sort criteria' box, give the field name(in your case,the field for 'packing code'), then tick 'Event on sort end'. Now an event(with a star symbol) will be automatically created next to the main area. Create a command(right click, create-> flow logic-> command), in the general attributes of the command, tick the 'go to new page'. If you are using a single page, from the drop down choose '%page1'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.use the command Node in smartforms.

2.Provide the condition in the command node.

3.Navigation on table:Create->Flow logic>Command line.

Reward if helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Shiva Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your solution, But I want to know where exactly to specfy it and where shall I write my condition.. Please help me..

Thanks & Warm Regards

Nagaraj S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please follow these steps:

1) Create a global variable

ex gv_counter

2) After all the text elments in the table of the main window Create a program lines node in which you increment the counter

ex gv_counter = gv_counter + 1

Meaning for every row in the table the gv_counter gets incremented

3)Now create the command node,and in the attributes give to go to next page, and in the condition give gv_counter = 10,

if you want the page break after 10 lines:

Reward if Usefull

Karthick