cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual studio 2005 and visual studio 2008 in one machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have installed Visual studio 2005 (Eng version) including SAP Portal Addin and SAP Portal Runtime in 😧 drive.

The OS in windows server 2003 R2 service Pack 2 and is installed in C:.

There is also visual studio 2008 (Eng version) installed in C:.

THe reason is that I want to develop .NET applications and SAP Portal application from the same machine.

Now the problem is that, when I try to connect to the portal for PDK application, I cannot connect and it gives the error + The underlying connection was closed. An unexpected error occured on a send +.

Is this because that my OS and SAP Portal Addins are in the different drives?

I have tried using host name and IP address of the portal host during adding the portal in the server explorer.

I had done similar procedure when there was only VIsual studio 2005 in another machine.

Can anyone pls let me know where I have to fix so that I can connect to the server?

Regards,

Sudeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

PDK for .NET is currently not supported in Visual Studio 2008. PDK 2.5 for .NET can be used in Visual Studio 2005 only. The error you get is not related to the fact that you have 2 Visual Studio versions on your computer or OS installation in a different drive.

There are 3 possible reasons for the error you get:

1. One or more Portal parameters are wrong or missing: host, port, username, password.

2. The Portal you are using is not set as current Portal. In Server Explorer, right click the Portal node you are using and click the context menu item "Set as current".

3. The Portal you want to use is not available now. Try to navigate to Portal url that is http://host:port/irj.

Here you can read more about [Managing Portal Connections|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/lw/developercontent/sap%20portal%20development%20kit%20for%20.net%20developer's%20Guide/Connecting%20to%20SAP%20NetWeaver%20Systems_Managing%20Portal%20Connections_Managing%20Portal%20Connections.html].

Best Regards,

Rima.

Answers (0)