cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM using customer UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client want to use his own UI for searching in SRM-MDM and not to use the pre-delivered one.

How can we achieve this request, what are the pro's and con's?

Regards,

Raz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

SRM-MDM Catalog UI is written by WebDynpro Java. Customer can develop own UI calling MDM API but I think it will be big development. There are ABAP API and Java API. [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/45/76bc4ed69b1956e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/45/76bc4ed69b1956e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I realize that in MDM you can develop your own UI, but is it possible to use the MDM content for EP?

Can we still use the UI configuration delivered with SRM-MDM, i want to change the existing UI to suit my client needs.

From licence point of view, is it allow to change the UI and to use your own?

Raz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raz,

Yes, you can use the predelivered MDM content for EP but it has limited functionality compared to the SRM MDM catalog.

The UI configuration of SRM-MDM can not be used with MDM EP content as it is tightly integrated with the UI of SRM MDM.

I have noticed that most of the customers are not satisfied with the UI of the SRM MDM catalog and want a better UI but it looks like a distant dream. What can be done in the meantime is to build your own UI using JAVA API's or webservices delivered with MDM.

Regarding the licence issue, I suppose you can build any UI on top of the product repository but its better to check with SAP.

Regards,

Paritosh.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know which part of UI they want to change? Could you share with us ?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As they are using CCM and very unhappy with the UI and going into SRM-MDM they want to change to whole UI, like to be able to see the catalog images on the item list etc.

Regards,

Raz

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think both CCM and SRM-MDM Catalog can display catalog image in item list.

Regards,

Masa