cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Local Product Categories for One ECC Material Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a question regarding Product Categories. I am using an Extended Classic Scenario and so, I retrieve Material Groups from the backend. Nevertheless, in order to have a more accurate split than ECC Material Groups in SRM, I would like to create local Product Categories which point on the same ECC Material Group. Eg. :

ECC Material Group

- SRM Product Category 1

- SRM Product Category 2

I saw that I can create this kind of structure in COMM_HIERARCHY and I updated it in the PPOMA_BBP (I set * for backend and for SRM).

Nevertheless, when I create a SC, I can not find the local Product Categories I created?

Do you know how I could process?

Thanks for your help

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Looks like you got confused in understanding the concept.

You can not create a Local product category (material group) from a back end product category.

You can have both backend R/3 material groups and local product categoris (material groups) parallelly.

That means in COMM_HIERARCHY for R3MATCLASS hierarchy you have two nodes created under that, one for backend material groups and the other for local material groups.

In stand alone scenario or de-coupled scenario you can use local product categories and not in Extended classic and Classic scenarios.

For accessing a local product category you should have a local P.Org, local P.Group and the users should be assigned to these local P.Orgs or P.groups.

If you have such a setting in your org. structure then you can create S.Cs for local Product categories and local materials.

Hope this makes you more clear in understanding the issue.

Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Teja and thanks for your answer.

So my idea was not good.

Is there any mean to have several Product Categories pointing on one Material Group?