Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding BDC with RFC Enabled FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we run BDC with function module, I believe its the session method, but after the program is run I do not see any session in SM35, even if I KEEP THE SESSION ('X'). I am using the following function mod. however the data is being updated.

CALL FUNCTION 'Z_FM_Z1_REC'

EXPORTING

mode = 'N'

UPDATE = 'A'

group = s_name

USER = sy-uname

KEEP = 'X'

HOLDDATE = h_date

• NODATA = '/'

MATNR_001 = i_tab-matnr

MBRSH_002 = i_tab-mbrsh

MTART_003 = i_tab-mtart

KZSEL_01_004 = 'X'

MAKTX_005 = i_tab-maktx

MEINS_006 = i_tab-meins

MTPOS_MARA_007 = 'NORM'

IMPORTING

SUBRC = subrc

TABLES

MESSTAB = messtab .

Also, this FM is RFC enabled but does not work, any idea why ?

Thirdly, where is this session data stored (database table).

Thanks!

"Max Points Are Assured for Most Appropriate Answers"

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it does not do what you expect, then you should check the source code of the function module. I can not predict what it does, since the function module is a customer made one (Z-program)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I need to know following:

1. When we use FMs does this create any session (becoz I dont see that being created)?

2. What is the table name in which all teh session data (SM35) is stored?

Thanks

Sid

0 Kudos

Table APQD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Answer to Q1) You need to check the content of your custom FM... Check if you have used BDC_OPEN_GROUP, BDC_INSERT and BDC_CLOSE_GROUP to generate the session... it is NOT the question with the FM that you are using...

First, try using the above mentioned FMs to generate session... if it works (and it should), then put them into your custom FM.

Answer to Q2) The table for storing all the BDC sessions is APQI.

Regards, Tapas

<Allot points pls if it solves your problem>

0 Kudos

hi

yes indeed, its using the BDC_open_group and bdc_close_group in FM (Z_FM_Z1_REC), but at the end of the execution I dont see and session being created in SM35.

???

Thanks

Sid

0 Kudos