Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Accounting documents..

former_member1318783
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

I have a doubt regarding the accounting documents releasing at the time of billing.In ur company for standard billing document ,there are 2 accounting documents released at the time of saving.I have checked that billing document, for accounting document they have not assigned any thing...but 2 accounting docs are releasing namely RV and Mp.

I have checked one billing doc in my friends company,there they are J1IIN for posting excise duties...they also didnt specify anything in billing document.

I want to know where to control the accounting docs..wether it should be one or two documents.

Rgds,

cherukuri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cherukuri,

After Billing document 1 Accounting document gets generated if you have maintained all the settings for Account determination. To start with you have to assign the Account determination procedure to the Billing type using T-code VOFA. Please refer the following path for Account determination>IMG> Sales and Distribution> Basic Functions> Account Assignment/Costing--> Revenue Account Determination.

The 2nd accounting document gets generated only when you prepare a Excise Invoice against the Commercial Invoice using T-code J1IIN.

Reward points If Helpful

Thank you

Thanks & Regards

Ramana

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear cherukuri

Normally for all domestic invoices, two accounting documents will be generated. One for billing and another one for excise. As and when you generate billing in VF01 and save, parallely one accounting document will be generated, provided no posting block is selected in VOFA. This accounting document type is RV which is predefined in VOFA, where there is a field "Document type". If you leave this field, by default, only RV document type will be assigned to your billing type.

Similarly, for excise part, as and when excise invoice is generated, for the proportionate duty value, an accounting document will be generated. To check the number range, go to OBA7, select document type EX and see what value is maintained in "Number range". Make a note of it and go to FBN1, give Company Code and select Number range. You will see the said number range is maintained there.

Also in IMG, go to Logistics-General --> Tax on Goods Movements --> India --> Maintain Company Code Settings. Here you will see at Company Code level, what would be your default excise document type.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member1318783
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer...it is very helpful...

But where you are going to assign the mp document(i.e second accounting document)..

Thanks in advance,,

cherukuri

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Cherukuri,

In the transaction VOFA billing document detail screen we can assign 'RV' type in the document type field in the general control tab but I don't where we will assign two document types.

Please let me know if you got any inputs.

Regards,

Murali.