cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Basis - Support Packs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please guide me how can i revert a Support Packs which is implemented recently.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Shiv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Gurus,

i haven't done any revert of Support package but it can be done but only for Basis Patch. There are three tables from which you have to delete entries of new patch correctikon and then apply old patch like if you want to revert patch 17 of basis then after table entries deletion apply path 16 for consistancy.

this is offcourse not full proof method but it is a way round to save you recover whole database and a lots of downtime..

regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, this is the kamikaze way of doing it.

Use at your own risk.

As far as I am concerned I would prefer a lot to restore my database...

You are not supposed to have downtime because you are supposed to test the support packages on severa lsystems before the production system.

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am new in this community and i don't know exactly where to find the help so i am just posting here i want to become SAP Basis Expert kindly Guide me from where to start.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is only one solution , please restore the system using the latest backup which you have taken

before doing patching.

regards,

Suren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you struck up when you are applying the support packs, only way is restore your latest backup.

Please do not delete the queue from DB level using SQL commands.

Regards,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved from Security to NW Admin forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

We cannot un-install or revert the applied patches on SAP, you have only 1 choice to restore the last backup b4 applied patches.

Always made backup before applying any support package

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your instant reply.If you say we cannot revert support packs, if i am not wrong, Support packs are a combination of SNOTES. And i also know that we can revert a applied SNOTE.

So my question is when a SNOTE can b reverted y cant Support pack?

Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can revert some notes.

Notes are contained in support packages but Support Packages are much too complex to be reverted.

>So my question is when a SNOTE can b reverted y cant Support pack?

Could you write in plain English, please. I can't decipher what you write...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Sorry for the confustion and my english.

My question was when a SNOTE can be reverted without any backup restore, why cant we revert a support pack which is a combination of SNOTES?

Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva

The applied SNOTES are listed in the SNOTE and SAP provide option to reset the implemented Note.

SP is the collections of >100 snotes and did not listed in the snotes once you applied patches,SPAM & SAINT does not provide the revert options.

Also, it will be typical / risky task to revert the >100 notes.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

>My question was when a SNOTE can be reverted without any backup restore, why cant we revert a >support pack which is a combination of SNOTES?

Because, that is the way it has been designed by SAP. Sorry, I have no better answer.

But my opinion is that it must be considered much to complicated and risky by SAP to try to implement the reversal of Support Packages.

So the message is : always make a full backup before applying Support Packages !

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to All

Former Member
0 Kudos

SNOTE is used to auto fix the bugs for single object. So we can revert the SNOTE back which will not effect any other objects.

But where as Support packs consists group of  SNOTES  which will effect all the objects and components. Unless we have previous backup we cannot revert to previous support pack level

So always take full offline or online backup before going for support pack update

Regards

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's very simple : you restore the last backup before importing the support package.

If you don't have a backup, then you don't have any solution...

Regards,

Olivier