cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto stock posting based on Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

Client receive a raw material, Quality checks impurity level. 2% is acceptable impurity. If impurity is within 2% stock posting is done for total GRN qty.

If impurity is more than 12%, lot is rejected and entire qty send back to vendor.

Now my scenario is if QC records impurity as example 7% the they

calculate 7-2=5% here 2 is earlier mentioned allowable/acceptable impurity.

Then they have to deduct 5% from total qty and post it to

Unrestricted stock. Client is asking for this automatic calculation and auto stock posting to Unrestricted stock based on deduction calculation.

Can any one suggest a solution for this.

Here I am giving an example.

Impurity= 7%

Impurity above allowance= 7-2=5%

GRN qty=1000 kg

Calculation for deduction = [1000- (1000*(5/100) )]= 950 kg = qty needs to be posted to unrestricted stock.

Client needs this calculation to happen automatic and this qty

should be automatically posted to unrestricted stock. He is not willing to calculate this and put qty manaully.

Is there any solution available.

Thx in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may use calculated char's for calculating Imputiry above allowance.

For auto posting to UR stock based on dedection calculation , you can think of "follow up functions" for the UD code specified . This will require function module to be developed to suits your requirement.

Regards

K.M.Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

But this issue is not required in all incoming inspection. This will happen only lots which have unit of measurement as KG. and here its only 5% raw materials need this calculation. If i go for above solution whether i will be able to bifurcate between stock posting without calculation and stock posting with calculation.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to develop a program for that. You should be able to attach it via the following user exit:

QEVA0001 - Enhancement: Quantity posting for usage decision.

If it is a simple matter of doing the calcuation when UOM is KG then test for this in the begining of the user exit. IF UOM NEQ to KG then EXIT. If you need additional logic, I would suggest you find a way to identify the materials that need this calculation via some material master data field. Maybe you can you use classification, (001 - material), if all else fails. Then test for the value at the begining of the user exit. If true, then do the calculation. If false, exit the user exit.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this enhancement with the help of an ABAPer and it was not triggering. We run the scenario in such a way, where I maintained this impurity percentage as an MIC and captured through result recording. Then I came to UD screen and given Usage decision as Accept and posted qty manually.

Could you please tell me how should I create a test case for running this enhancement. I am doing an enhancement for first time. Can I maintain % as an MIC.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't help you with why the user exit wasn't being triggered.

I would contact SAP about that.

Craig

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you read the help on the enhancement? This is from 6.0.

If you use this, you must do the posting via posting line VMENGE08 and only the posting from this line will be affected by the User exit.

Description

The customer exit enables the control of a separate quantity posting in the usage decision.

A prerequisite for activating the exit function is that you use the quantity postings to other stock on the stock overview screen of the usage decision transactions.

To do this, you must activate the fields for quantity bookings to other stock for the inspection type field using the transaction SFAC (Customer field selection). After they are activated, a new quantity appears in the stock overview for the usage decision.

In addition, in view TQ07M you need to maintain the movement types for field RQEVA_VMENGE08 .

The exit permits you to influence the quantity posting using structure QBEFU. Here, additional data can be determined and returned.

The posting is then carried out according to the changed data as part of the normal usage decision postings.

Edited by: Craig Snyder on Apr 1, 2008 9:29 PM