Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising Alert for IE and AE errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need to do unit test for the Alert configuration defined in RWB,

for which please explain some situation to raise alerts for the integration and Adapter engine errors for the below mentioned scenarios,

IDoc to <third party adapter>cXML

<third party adapter>cXML to IDoc

IDoc to JMS

JMS to IDoc

File to File(FTP)

FCC to File(FTP)

Thanks in advance,

MK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mk,

1. IDoc to <third party adapter>cXML --- Can induce error in message mapping, (Make a field mandatory in target structure and dont provide the value for it).

2. <third party adapter>cXML to IDoc -- Same as scenario 5 & 6, Also provide wrong values in the control record for IDoc.

3. IDoc to JMS -

Same as scenario 1, also try giving wrong queue name.

4. JMS to IDoc -- Same as scenario 2 & 3.

5. File to File(FTP) -

Enter wrong XML on the sender side (for eg remove the standard XML tag from the top).

6. FCC to File(FTP) -

Same as 5

PS:

For Scenario no 5 & 6, you can also induce error by doing content conversion. (Eg: Giving more fileds then specified)

Thanks,

Varun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can select the option to raise the Alerts particular to IE and AE in the Alert Config of RWB itself.

To get the alert for AE errors dont give any value for mandatory field.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Seshagiri,

can you please give some examples on where can i change the configurations to raise IE alerts other than mapping errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to give some wrong info in interface determination or receiver det and try for it.I am not sure abt it

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please explain by using the successful messages that went thru before, how and what configuration can i change to raise the Integration and Adapter engine alerts for the above scenarios.

Thank you,

MK