cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCS instance(on cluster) is failing!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have installed CRM 5.0 system on Windows 2003 Cluster with MSSQL 9.0.

But after the installation, the cluster resource sap<SID> Instance is failing.

We have also tried to get the resources up manually, I am able to get all the resources abt but when I try to get the sap<SID> Instance up, all the resources fail and change to offline status.

The follwoing is the log file...

-

trc file: "sapstartsrv.log", trc level: 0, release: "700"

-

pid 3424

Mon Mar 31 09:33:42 2008

SAP HA Trace: Build in SAP Microsoft Cluster library '700, patch 102, changelist 896495' initialized

Initializing SAPControl Webservice

SapSSLInit failed => https support disabled

Starting WebService Named Pipe thread

Starting WebService thread

Webservice named pipe thread started, listening on port
.\pipe\sapcontrol_29

Webservice thread started, listening on port 52913

EBIZUAT\_sSAPCoalCluster is starting SAP System at 2008/03/31 9:33:46

SAP HA Trace: FindClusterResource: SAP resource found [sapwinha.cpp, line 329]

SAP HA Trace: SAP_HA_FindSAPInstance returns: SAP_HA_OK [sapwinha.cpp, line 907]

SAP HA Trace: FindClusterResource: Cluster resource found [sapwinha.cpp, line 252]

SAP HA Trace: SAP_HA_StartCluster returns: SAP_HA_START_IN_PROGRESS [sapwinha.cpp, line 1147]

Any help in resolving this issue appreciated.

Thanks

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

What is inside sapstart.log, stderrlog, windows event log, dev_ms, dev_disp, dev_w ? Have you check them ? are the services active ?

cheers,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Vincent,

I have checked the sapstart.log, stderrlog, dev_ms, dev_disp, dev_w logs under usr\sap\<SID>\SCS\work but nothing much helping from these....

I am trying to start the ABAP and JAVA instance from the Cluster Adminstrator. Except Java instance(SCS) all the other resources are coming online(Disk group, SAPMNT, ASCS service, ASCS Instnace and SCS Service).

-->are the services active ?

Yes the services are active...

Any other thoughts.....

Thanks,

Ajay

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please check the message server log. That is the main thing in SCS.

Maybe you can check Enq too.

Regards,

Benny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had the same error which we found overwriting sapstartsrv.exe in the SCS/exe and ASCS/exe directories from the same file in E:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64 would correct this issue. However, this issue would repeat itself every time we restarted. We corrected this issue by implementing Note 1043592 - MSCS: Cluster Resource Monitor Crashes on W2K3 SP2 which tells you to download the latest NTCLUST.SAR from the Service Marketplace and replace two files in %/system32. This is only applicable if you have an x86_64 system though.