cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Grid and ALV List difference?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you help me differentiate ALV List and ALV grid and the low-level definition or context of each?

Also, can you give me a transaction code that outputs an ALV list as well as a tcode for ALV grid?

Thanks,

Jennah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirtish,

Thanks but I havent done any function module stuff as I am not an ABAPer but anyway can you guide me through thios?

"I hope this might slove your query. For more please refer to documentation on ALV and also implement the ALV LIST and GRID reports. By using class Class CL_GUI_ALV_GRID, Function module REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY , REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY and some more functions like that only."

I will give you some tcode can you please try tcode FBL1n? then execute the report. What is the output is it an ALV list?

I wish to see an ALV list also an ALV grid to see difference.

Tjhakns,

Jennah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jennah,

ALV LIST : This is a list based ALV displaying a simple list on its own screen. &

ALV GRID : a control-based ALV displaying a simple list in a container to be positioned in a Dynpro.(dynamic programming)

I hope this might slove your query. For more please refer to documentation on ALV and also implement the ALV LIST and GRID reports. By using class Class CL_GUI_ALV_GRID, Function module REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY , REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY and some more functions like that only.

And there is no particular TCODE for ALV list and ALV Grid Display.

Thanks And Regards

Kirtish