Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Partner function

Hi Experts,

I need to understand the details of the the partner functions used for vendors, what settings and master data are required for partner functions and how they are reflected in purchasing process.

I will appreciate if some one explain in detail, points will be rewarded.

Thanks & Regards

Anand

Former Member
Former Member replied

hi

We use to go for Partner Function when there is more than one party involved in procuring (External Procurement) the goods after the purchase order being placed to a vendor,to manage its completion.

There are certain steps in customizing for the same..

1. SPRO > SAP REFERENCE IMG > LOGISTICS GENERAL > BUSINESS PARTNER > VENDORS > CONTROLS > DEFINE ACCOUNT GROUP AND FIELD SELECTION.

2. SPRO > SAP REFERENCE IMG > MATERIALS MANAGEMENT > PURCHASING > PARTNER DETERMINATION > PARTNER SETTINGS IN VENDOR MASTER RECORD > DEFINE PARTNER SCHEMAS.

3. SPRO > SAP REFERENCE IMG > MATERIALS MANAGEMENT > PURCHASING > PARTNER DETERMINATION > PARTNER SETTING IN VENDOR MASTER RECORD > ASSIGN PARTNER SCHEMA TO ACCOUNT GROUPS.

4. SPRO > SAP REFERENCE IMG > MATERIALS MANAGEMENT > PURCHASING > PARTNER DETERMINATION > PARTNER ROLES > DEFINE PERMISSIBLE PARTNER ROLES.

Once you have this configuration then you change your vendor in easy access menu ( XK-02 ) to define the partner roles.

I hope that this will help you to configure the partner function in your procurement.

also check this link for better understanding

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/53/c9864dca3711d2b494006094b9114a/frameset.htm

reward points if helpful

regards

chetan

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question