cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to understand the details of the the partner functions used for vendors, what settings and master data are required for partner functions and how they are reflected in purchasing process.

I will appreciate if some one explain in detail, points will be rewarded.

Thanks & Regards

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

We use to go for Partner Function when there is more than one party involved in procuring (External Procurement) the goods after the purchase order being placed to a vendor,to manage its completion.

There are certain steps in customizing for the same..

1. SPRO > SAP REFERENCE IMG > LOGISTICS GENERAL > BUSINESS PARTNER > VENDORS > CONTROLS > DEFINE ACCOUNT GROUP AND FIELD SELECTION.

2. SPRO > SAP REFERENCE IMG > MATERIALS MANAGEMENT > PURCHASING > PARTNER DETERMINATION > PARTNER SETTINGS IN VENDOR MASTER RECORD > DEFINE PARTNER SCHEMAS.

3. SPRO > SAP REFERENCE IMG > MATERIALS MANAGEMENT > PURCHASING > PARTNER DETERMINATION > PARTNER SETTING IN VENDOR MASTER RECORD > ASSIGN PARTNER SCHEMA TO ACCOUNT GROUPS.

4. SPRO > SAP REFERENCE IMG > MATERIALS MANAGEMENT > PURCHASING > PARTNER DETERMINATION > PARTNER ROLES > DEFINE PERMISSIBLE PARTNER ROLES.

Once you have this configuration then you change your vendor in easy access menu ( XK-02 ) to define the partner roles.

I hope that this will help you to configure the partner function in your procurement.

also check this link for better understanding

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/53/c9864dca3711d2b494006094b9114a/frameset.htm

reward points if helpful

regards

chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan

Thanks for your reply, I will appreciate if you can explain the conditions partner functions appear in PO, I createda PO but certain partner functions were not copied in to PO though they are maintained in vendor master.

Thnaks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you need to maintain seperate master record for each partner function ( say ordering addresss OA , invoice presented by IP etc) then it needs to assign to main vendor VN in master record (XK02 partner function screen) then it gets copied to Purchase order. if u r having multiple OA, IP for vendor then systems ask for choosing OA or IP

try this

Rewrd points if helpful

Regards

chetan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member202528
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Partner function is no less than a vendor, so u need to maintain the master record for partner also.Ofcourse vendor/partner may ordering address/Goods supplier/etc..for evevry partner you need to maintian a vendor master record.

Chk the link below for more info :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/53/c9864dca3711d2b494006094b9114a/frameset.htm

BR,

Krishna