cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE Configuration Again !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to do ale configuration for idoc to file scenario. I created two RFC connection one for XI system and one for R3 system. Then I created ports for both the RFC. After that I created two Logical system having same name as the two RFC above. But as per the instruction , i should assign client to above logical system. But problem is that the client number ie 030 is already defined to R3 system. My XI system have same client id, so when i am trying to assign client 030 to XI logical system, it is giving as client number is already present. I don;t understand the logic of assigning client to LS.

what should i do here?

Second thing: Can we create more than one logical name for the same system. I asked this because in the RFC list of R3 system, i already have RFC for R3 system , logical name is also present. So can i create another logical system for R3 system?

Ranjeet Singh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered/

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to set up IDX1 and IDX2 to access this data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. The problem is solved now. The client number should be assigned to Sender logical system which in my case is R3 system. This was already defined in my case. There is no need of assigning client number to XI logical system.

I reused the logical system name of R3 which was present already. I tested the configuration with MATMAS idoc and i was able to send the idoc out of SAP System. The idoc status was 03. But somehow i couldn't find the idoc in XI system. What could be the reason. I have not defined idx1 or idx2 setting. I have created a RFC pointing to R3 System with same name as the logical system name of R3.

Do i need to configure scenario for receiving the idoc in XI system?

Thanks.

Ranjeet Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I checked transaction sm58 and found error. "No service for system SAPLSD, client 030 in Integration Directory". So I imported the business system for R3 into ID.

After this i fired one more idoc and found errpr 'Transaction IDX1: Port SAPLSD, client 030, RFC destination contain error".

So i created port SAPLSD in XI System for R3 RFC .

Then i triggered another idoc and found error text as "::000".

What is happening here?

Ranjeet Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is IDOC Import Problem.

Import the IDOC meta data in IDX2.

Make sure that the user name given in RFC destination is present in SAP R/3 system when you created the RFC Destination in XI towards R/3.

And check the authorizations to that user also

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NV,

Thanks for your reply. When I am trying to create metadata for MATMAS idoc , I am getting communication error 'Communication error: 'Name or password is incorrect. Reenter'.

I tested the RFC with connection test tab. It was ok. But when I tried to Remote Login using RFC ,

i got logon screen of R3 with default user of XI. I changed the user to R3 user and gave password but it didn't accept the credentials. Though i am using the same credential for logging into R3 system.

Due to this reason whenever i try to create metadeta for idoc i get communication error. I don;t know how to solve it. Looks peculiar problem.

Ranjeet Singh

Edited by: Ranjeet Singh on Mar 31, 2008 5:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

Mee too got the same type of problem a long back and solved it by changing the RFC User given in the RFC Destination.

Remember the point is make sure that the User which you are providing in the RFC Destination should be present in the Target system.

To ensure it goto R/3 sys and goto SU01 and look for the user which u provided in the RFC destnation.

In the Same way check the RFc Destination created in XI system also.

Iam sure abt the Error is related with the RFC user only

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NV,

Thanks for your prompt reply. yes i checked the su01 and found the user. Problem is that i have only user for R3 at present. To check with another I have to get it created. Lets see . I will try with another. I will get back to you. Thanks for your suggestion.

Ranjeet Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Probem is solved. There was problem with host nam of the R3 system. Ale configuration is completed successfully. Thanks for help.

Ranjeet Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

An excerpt from SAP documentation on Logical System Names.

Logical system names must contain capital letters and numbers only. SAP recommends the following naming convention for logical system names: <System-ID>CLNT<Client>. Refer to url

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/00/dc54384ac9a81be10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

SCC4 should already have been set. So I assume that you are creating your logical systems in the IMG to then assign in WE20 (Partner Profiles). As the XI SystemID will be different to your R3 SystemID, CLNT should not be an issue.

If not then please clearly define the issue to include where you want to create the logical system and which way your IDOC will travel. We currently send IDOCs from CRM to XI and vica versa

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ranjeet,

If the business system already there, u shoul not create new one. You can add the existin business system to ur new scenario and achieve the same, right?

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for reply but I am not talking about IR and ID configuration. I was referring to ALE configuration. Can we have two logical system name for same system R3 system?

Ranjeet Singh.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ranjeet,

I won't think so it's possible. Coz according to the standard format you can give sysidCLNTnumber - so it will be something like ED5CLNT009... Again for the same system with client 009 it's not possible.

raj,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

how should i go about it?

Ranjeet Singh.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Buddy I'm not sure, plz wait! some other experts will help you out!

Thanks,

raj.