Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem related to AIX operating System

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

My company relocate me on a new project. In this project our client uses SAP R/3 4.7,

oracle 9i Database,& AIX operating System.

Problem is that , I newer work on AIX operating System.i was working on win 2000 operating system.

Can ayone tell me some basic steps or provide links by which i understand AIX Operating System(command ) to check the file system,disk space ,how we copy files & paste ,how we use BRTOOLS,SAPCAR, in AIX,

Thanks & regards

Karan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm closing this thread as answered.

Please keep in mind, only do administration of your productive SAP systems if you are absolutely safe in using the operating system commands. Executing commands which you are not familiar with could cause data loss. Please make sure, that you convince your management to train your skills when changing anything SAP depends on, regardless if platform, operating system or database.

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

to login to sidadm -> su - <sid>adm

-

To check File system

df -kI

or

du -ks /

-

To copy file

cp /path/sourcefile /path/newfile

-

To use brtools you can login as su - sidadm or su - orasid

and execute-> brtools

-

To run SAPCAR, its the same cmd as in windows

SAPCAR -xvf Filename.car

-

Any more specific you can check in google or post here, you would get lots of help.

http://www.basisconsultant.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=225&Itemid=175

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shaji,

I am very thankful to you. Very very thanks for fast reply.

I give you 10 marks .If u can Provide me some pdf relatyed to AIX operating System than it's nice.

Once again Thanks

Regards

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most of the commands on unix are same, just some additional or minor changes in each flavour

Some of the links will be useful to begin with.

http://8help.osu.edu/wks/unix_course/unix_book.pdf