cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating model relations

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using the Java Bean model importer in Web Dynpro. I understand that you can not import objects (only primitive types) using the Java Bean importer so you have to create model relations in Web Dynpro. But I have not seen any examples or how to's on this. How do you create a model relation in Web Dynpro that corresponds to a backend object retrieved from a Java Bean?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dora,

Check weblog by Anilkumar Vippagunta

/people/anilkumar.vippagunta2/blog/2005/09/02/java-bean-model-importer-in-web-dynpro

Also search your local NetWeaver help for "Importing a JavaBean Model" title -- there is an excellent explanation of requirements / conventions.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding but if only it was that easy. I've done both and am not satisfied with the quality of any of that "documentation". I'm spending more time battling this tool than I am with the actual design and implementation of the backend business logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a bug when trying to create a "New Model Relation" in the model classes that switches the target role data and the source role data? This is what I'm seeing when trying to create model relations. The weblogs and sap knowledge warehouse both give the same instructions on what to do and it doesn't work. Is Web Dynpro really unable to support complex type modelling at this time?