cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re:Sale Order Generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am unable to deliver the material on the same date as the date of sale order generation.

When I generate the sale order I get the confirmed date for delivery as the next day or later from the date of the sale order generation. Due to this I am unable to raise the Invoice.

Please let me know how to overcome this problem.

Thanks,

Amba Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you check the lead time maintained in the order type configuration. Check the shipping point whether you have maintained any pick/pack/load time.

Check the logistic execution in SPRO to find transportation scheduling maitntined or not.

Prase

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly, I would like to appreciate the solution recommended by Sri Nath.

In Quality / Test server environment, subject to availability of stock, you can create the delivery in future date i.e next day or the date confirmed in schedule line. Ensure to maintain the actual delivery date in the Delivery transaction as todays date in manual entry & some warning massages will come, which can be ignored. System allows Delivery in future date, id stock is available & invoice will be in current date, hence it is recommended to maintain actual delivery date as current date.

This is not a recommended practise in Production environment.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward suitable points.

• How to give points: Mark your thread as a question while creating it. In the answers you get, you can assign the points by clicking on the stars to the left. You also get a point yourself for rewarding (one per thread).

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi prassanna

Check the following things

1) In sales doc type OR check LEAD TIME IN DAYS , if LEAD TIME IN DAYS is maintained , make it blank (zero)

2) In the shipping point check weather PICK TIME and PACK TIME are maintained or not, if they are maintained , make PICK TIME and PACK TIME feilds blank. i.e., make them zero.

3) for the material , go to that particual MMR and check the RLT feild is maintained or not in sales gen/ plant view

4) For the material , check weather any Inhouse production , is maintained in MMR or not in MRP1 view

if you make zero all these things the delivery date will be the sales order creation date.

Reward if it is useful

Regards

Srinath

Edited by: sri nath on Mar 30, 2008 2:41 PM

Edited by: sri nath on Mar 30, 2008 4:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Thanks for your feedback.

I did the following:

1) VOV8, checked LEAD TIME IN DAYS is maintained as blank.

2) In Shipping Point[thru SPRO-LE-Shipping-Basic Shipping Functions-Scheduling-Delivery Scheduling and Transporation Scheduling - Maintain Duration-Pick/Pack Time - This was also blank.

3) In the Material Master, I was told to make the Inhouse Production in MRP1 View as 0 - this I wasn't able to do as 0 is not accepted in this field. Hence I have given 1 here.

The result of all these is that when I create a sales order, I get the delivery confirmation for the next day and when I use VL01N, I get a message " No delivery relevant items in order 0000008200, order type OR].

You could probably let me know how to accept 0 for the Inhouse Production in MRP1 in Material Master.

Thanks,

Amba Prasanna

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi prasanna

For in house production , just make that feild blank , if you enter 0 system wont accept , just maintain that inhouse production feild blank , that itself says it is zero , if you dont maintain anything system will give a warning message telling that inhouse production is zero

so similarly if for pick / pack time also leave the feild blank

are you still facing the problem of the same day prassanna

Reward if useful

Regards

Srianth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried giving a blank space in the Inhouse Production in MRP2 in Material Master. However this is not accepted by the system.

The result is the same, i.e. while creating a sales order, the confirmed delivery date is given as the next date from the date of the sales order creation date and hence I am unable to deliver on the same date as the date of the creation of the sales order.

Please let me know your feedback.

Thanks,

Amba Prasanna