cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling ZBapi from RFC Adapter in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a message mapping from a flat file as source of the message and a ZBapi as the target message. How do I find in XI, whenever any messsage gets mapped, if the ZBapi is called or not? I ask this because while testing, if a breakpoint is inserted in the Zbapi, the control doesnot stop there. The XI configuration settings are all done correctly.

Thanks,

Vj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

As XI expertise have already mentioned as there no relation Message Mapping with calling BAPI from XI.

IF you need to debug the BAPI, then there is one solution as below,

In R/3, login with the USER ID set in the receiver RFC communication channel. Open the BAPI and at toolbar you will get option of putting the external debugger on for a particular statement in source code.

This option is available in ABAP editor 6.4 onwards only. If you have the lower version then there is no way that you could do this.

Keeping the Break-point in Source code with statement will not allow to stop for debugging while calling from external system.

You need to monitor it in RWB as well as SXMB_MONI. You could have end-to-end monitoring for testing results.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

You can not debug BAPI from XI call. There is no way to do this.

You need to create variant with same data as XI call and then you can debug in R/3.

Regards,

AV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

you can check sxmb_moni on the R/3 side,if any data was posted you will see the payload over there.

Thanx

Aamir

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Request Message Mapping - Pipeline

During Message Mapping only your Bapi Structure is mapped during this point of execution there is no connection to BAPI at all.

Call Adapter-Pipeline

During this Call Adapter step ,the data has been posted to R/3 using BAPI.

raj.