cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of URL in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to know what is the exact use of URL in MDM?

Please explain me with some procedures.

Regards,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

The use of URl in MDM can be realised in the catalogue management when the a particular value level detail from a following web address or the catalogue value has to be updated through net.

It can be done by declaring the web address in the console and then it has to be enabled in the data manager configuration options . it will aloow the user tos elect the url (if more than one is declared in the console). Then the web address will be visible in the data manager web tab.

Thanks and regards

Deepankar

Please award points if found useful.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

One more use of URL is to pass the address of Change Tracking UI i.e. Web UI to view the Change Tracking history.But to use the Web UI, configuration is needed.This is just an alternative to view the Change Tracking directly in Data Manager instead of drilling down to Database server level.

Thanks & Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Can I specify only the link for each record? I want to know is there any option to link more than one URL.

It is not possible to specify only the link for each record.

Hope this may help you,

regards,

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Each URL provides a completely flexible mechanism for linking from MDM to the outside world, and passing MDM record or attribute data as parameters within the URL.

To achieve the same in console in your repository under Admin ->select the URLs table.In Object pane,right click ->Add URL.

define its name,Type and the URL

here:Type Records appear for the Web Pane URL for Selected Records option

Type Attributes appear for the Web Pane URL for Selected Attributes option.

In Data manager to see the same URL in configuration options under Records option->set the name of the URL in the webpane URL for selected records.After you set the configuration then u can see the web tab ,when u click on the same tab u can see the URL specified by u.

Reward points if helpful

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following are the business scenarios where in a URL can be used :

1. Intranet to check on report.

2. Catalog on OCI standards.

3. Internal portal / SAP Portal to report

4. CRM Check Feed

5. CMDM front end feed for testing purposes.

Hope this is helpful.

Rgds,

R@J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply.

I have done all the steps told by you. Now my query is:

I have a legacy system which contains images & pdf's, documents are different for each record.

In this scenario can i use URL for linking the legcay system. My front end is CRM.

Can I specify only the link for each record? I want to know is there any option to link more than one URL.

Points given to you all.

Regards,

Pramod.

Edited by: Pramod Govindan on Mar 31, 2008 5:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod

U must have known by now how to activate the web tab and its uses in MDM.

Linking two or more URLs is not possible in MDM.URL specified is in the config settings which is common for all records/instance of Data Mgr.

A workaround cud be to implement content management of MDM wherein all the links for PDFs/Docs can be linked to records in Data manager.

Hope it helps.

regards-

RAvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramaod,

URL feature is available in MDM for the purpose of accessing web services through internet from within MDM.

If you want to refer something through net pertaining your master data,or else update your master data based on some updates on net then you can use this feature.

This feature is not enabled by default you need to do some settings so as to view internet through MDM.

In the console->Admin->links

give the url name and link

then in Data manager give the name of the same url in your configuraton options.

This will enable your web tab and your web link

Kindly note you can have many urls defined in your console but each link is specific to one data manger instance

Hope it helped

Kindly reward points if found useful

Thanks & Regards

Simona