cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog instance gets hung

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got the following setup....CRM, R3, BIW and MI in my production landscape...which is on HPUX 11.23 and Oracle 9i.

The RFC calls are quite high especially from the MI to CRM and CRM to R3.....in addtion there are RFC calls from BIW system..

I'm facing the following problem.....in my CRM production system.

My CI and DB are in cluster. and I've got in addtion to the CI. 3 Dialog/Application Servers.

All the dialog instances get occupied by the RFC calls and the system gets hung...when I check the system at the OS level, it shows the CPU utilization as 0 percent.

What could be issue in this case. Are there any other parameters for bettering the RFC connections.

Regards

Alfred

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krumts
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Alfred,

This is the forum for the Memory Analyzer tool, so I'm not sure your request is on the proper place. Nevertheless, I'll try to answer.

If the dialog instance hangs, then one needs to check what each thread in the VM is doing at this time. The info-source which can give us this data is a thread dump. OSS note 710154 describes how thread dumps can be obtained.

So my suggestion will be:

1) wait for the problem to reoccur and take several thread dumps (with some minutes interval) from the hanging server (in case of more servers - several dumps from each of them).

2) As this is your poductive environment - please open an official OSS message

3) Provide in the message the description of the problem and the generated thread dumps

It could be also an option to start with the OSS message creation first.

I hope this helps to some extent.

Regards,

Krum

Answers (0)