cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we do a interface With out assigning the TS and BS to the SWC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With out assigning the Technical system and Business system to the particular software component.. can we do the Scenario..

my Scenario is the File to RFC... for this... the Receiver system ( SAP- R/3 ) is need to maintain entry in SLD.. or with out that also can we do the scenario..

Because with out maintaining an entry in the SLD.. under a new software component i have created a scenario... it is working fine.. then why we need to assign the Technical system and Business system to all the SWC 's...

Please clear my doubt

Thanks

Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

for sender file if you are using business service then you need not create any Technical system or Business system in SLD,just create a Business service in ID,but if you want to use business system for File then you do need both TS and BS

for SAP systems you need to create Business system(you can't have business service for it) hence you need both TS and BS for it.Either use SLD or use RZ70(transaction code) to register ABAP systems.

Thanx

Aamir

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Buddy,

Do you mean if I need to communicate with SAP using RFC, then it's not possible using Business Service is it?

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Buddy

yeah,for R/3 we need Business system(irrespective of using RFC,IDOC or proxy).

you may check Michal's and Satish's reply below

i knew that we can't use Business service for IDOC and Proxy,wasn't so sure about RFC,but after going through few threads i realized that same holds for RFC.

Thanx

Aamir

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aamir,

We need to use Businees System for IDOC, coz the Logical system name is associated with it. For RFC we can use Business Service as well as Business System, both holds good. For Proxy I'm not sure.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Raj

Even help.sap says we need to use Business system for RFC

For Sender RFC

The communication channel in which the RFC adapter is defined must be defined for a service of type Business System in the area Service Without Party. In the PCK, you must create an empty party record.

For Receiver RFC

The communication channel in which the RFC adapter is defined must be defined for a service of type Business System in the area Service Without Party. In the PCK you must create an empty party record.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/67/6d0540ba5ee569e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

You need to mention Gateway Host and gateway service in SM59 for RFC communication,there you need business system.

Thanx

Aamir

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aamir,

I worked on RFC's with both Business system as well as Business Service. Both works perfectly. Frankly speaking all the scenarios will work perfectly with Business Service except IDOC , not sure on Proxy. Buddy as far as my knowledge, I would differentiate Business System and Business service as, If you know the Technical landscape of the system which you are going to communicate then go for Business System. If you don't know the technical landscape then go for Business Service.

As I said earlier only your comm.channel matters not the business system or business service, except for IDOC. Please correct me if my understanding and concept's are wrong!

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Buddy

if you have done RFC scenarios correctly both with Business system and Business service then you are right about RFC.

as far as IDOC and proxy is concerned i m sure it can't be done with Business service,i'll try to find the reason why it can't be done and update the thread

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jain,

Are u using Business System or Business Service?

raj.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>With out assigning the Technical system and Business system to the particular software component.. can we do the Scenario..

NO

We need to create Communication Channel is it, Sender & Receiver System Infformation needed is it in Configuration

Regards

Sangeetha