cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get which dropdown has fired the event(in wdDoModify())

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to know dropdown has fired the event.But I want to get the same in wdDoModifyView().I am doing like this:-

wdDoModify()

{

for (int j = 0; j < 48; ++j)

{

theDropDown.setOnSelect(wdThis.wdGetItemSelectedAction());

theDropDown.mappingOfOnSelect().addParameter("listIndex", j);

}

}

and onAction... my code is:-

public void onActionDDSectWithPer(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent, int listIndex )

{

//@@begin onActionDDSectWithPer(ServerEvent)

String s = String.valueOf(listIndex);

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("---- Which dropdown-->"+s);

// here I am getting the correct value of s

//@@end

}

I am getting the correct value in the onActionDDSectWithPer .But I want to get this value in the wdDoModify(),so that I can use this value.I tried with getOnSelect().its not workig.

Please suggesyt me how to get the value in wdDoModifyView().

Regards

-Sandip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

The wdDoModifyView() method will be triggered after execution of the codes in dropdown action. So you can store the value of listIndex in a context attribute in the action and then you can get it in the wdDoModifyView().

Regards

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

Thanks for your help and answer.

Full marks given to u.

I more query.

How do I retain(hold) a session.For example:-

I am working on table customisation.Initially my table contains 10 column.When I change the no of column to 5 on the table and click "Apply",it will change the table (to 5 column).Now when I log out and log in again,I want to retain the same state of the table e,i 5 column in the table.

Please suggest how to do that.

I have already posted a query on this.Still waiting for the answer to this query.Can u plz reply to this link:-

Regards

-Sandip

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you want to do with this information in wdDoModifyView()?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Armin,

All my dynamic views are created in wdDoModifyView() including drop-downs.So if i get the value which drop-downs has triggered the event,i can place that in the respective position in .Ex:-

My 25th drop-down by default showing 25 and is placed at the 25th row in the layout .Now if I select 2 in the 25th drop-down (meand i want to place drop-down in the 2nd position in the layout),the dropdown should move to 2nd row in the layout and the default value should dispaly 2 in the dropdown.

But any how the problem is solved.I can move the UI elements in from one perticular row to any row.

Thanks Armin and Kartikeyan

Regards

-Sandip