cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do we mean that planning doesnt takes place during the SNP horizon. If planning does not takes place during the SNP horizon then what exactly happens in due course.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SNP PRODUCTION horizon is, unlike what the name suggests, a planning freeze period. So no planning happens inside it

SNP plans outside the SNP production horizon

Planning within the SNP production horizon is fixed for SNP. SNP can no longer change an SNP order that is in the SNP production horizon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

No new planned orders are created in SNP Production horizon during SNP run, also you cannot manually enter any planned orders. In case a due date for planned order is within the horizon it will be created immediately after end of SNP Production horizon in case you have defined in SNP2 tab.

You can also specify Extended SNP Production horizon, in this case though system does not create any planned order within the horizon, planners can manually enter the order in case of some business requirement.

In order that existing planned orders within Production horizon should not be modified during SNP run you should select the check box fix production so that the system considers these orders as fixed and do not touch them (Note: the orders are not fixed but just assumed to be fixed by SNP). If you do not select this checkbox all the planned orders within the horizon will be set to zero.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjog Mishrik... ,

what invici is asking the question is different.his opinion is "if snp doesn't plan orders inside the SNP planning horizon. then during this planning period , what is happening in SNP.what SNP IS doing during the SNP planning horizon. Outside is different(snp will plan outside the horizon) , that is n't the question here.) .

Former Member
0 Kudos

PPDS planning happens if there is such a scenario

I wish questions are as explanatory as the answers people take time to write

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is a SNP Horizon, SNP Prod Horizon or SNP Stck Trf hor ? From the chain of mails I assumed it was SNP Prod horizon and I think my explanation regarding that was correct, also during SNP Prod horizon Pur reqs are created by SNP if no Stock trf horizon is defined.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjog ,

What u told id correct. let say ex, snp horizan is 40 days.That means snp will plan procurement or production etc after 40 days from today .but with in 40 days from today, what SNP is doing?what is happening from today to up to 40 days?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

As per your example, SNP production Horizon is 40 days. ( As per APO 5.0)

1. If fixed indicator is not activated, than the system will delete all the existing SNP planned orders within the Horizon and recreate it outside the SNP Horizon+ the new orders i.e from 41st day onwards.

2. if Fixed indicator is activated, The system will not delete any existing SNP Planned orders in the Horizon and cosider them to be as fixed production and plan outside the for new orders only. i.e it will not change any thing in SNP production Horizon.

Hope this is clear. In case query revert back

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Planning does take place in SNP.

Supply Network Planning (SNP) plans supply throughout the

entire supply network to meet the forecasted demands.

- It creates a rough cut production and distribution plan. The smallest

time unit used for scheduling is days.

- The bill of material (BOM) is exploded during creation of planned

orders for inhouse production (SNP BOMs).

- The capacity of the resources can be taken into consideration.

Regards

Vinod