cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot see the tree structure in sap mangement console today.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My sap instance name is NXI

Today I found, the folder usr under D:\ is not shared. (Because today I want to upgrade my SAP BW support package to level 15. It was fail because the tp cannot access trans folder)

So I reshared the folder usr as share name saploc and sapmnt and add full control rights for these user: administrators, SAP_Localadmin,SAPServiceNXI,sap_NXI_LocalAdmin.

Normally we are able to see the tree structure in sap management console ,i.e sap r/3 system

followed by instance name -- process list --- wrkprocess list etc .

Now I want to restart my sap instance, when i am clicking the + sign to strech the tree , i am not getting the tree.

I try to start the two service SAPNXI_00 and SAPNXI_01 in services mangement ('click ‘start' menu in windows server 2003 - ‘run’ -compmgmt.msc). When I try and start this service manually I get 'The SAPNXI_00 service on Local Computer started then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance logs and Alerts service'

I check log viewer, There are errors like this:

"Unable to change to Directory D:\usr\NXI\SCS00\work. (Error 3 ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND: The system cannot find the path specified. ) [ ntservstart.cpp 962"

and

""Unable to change to Directory D:\usr\NXI\DVEBMGS01\work. (Error 3 ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND: The system cannot find the path specified. ) [ ntservstart.cpp 962"

I checked my system, The folder structure is like this:

D:\usr\sap\NXI\SCS00\work, It is different from D:\usr\NXI\SCS00\work

In my sap server, There is only one folder named 'sap' under the D:\usr.

I try to uninstall and re-install the two service SAPNXI_00 and SAPNXI_01 via the tool sapstartsrv.exe under D:\usr\sap\NXI\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386

The above problem still exists.

If I try to copy the folder and content under D:\usr\sap\NXI\SCS00\work to the folder D:\usr\NXI\SCS00\work and D:\usr\sap\NXI\DVEBMGS01\work to the folder D:\usr\NXI\DVEBMGS01\work.

I can see the tree structure in sap mangement console, but I start that service, It failed and icon of service became red.

Pls help me.

Best Regards,Guoyu.

Edited by: SY DONG on Mar 29, 2008 4:27 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved, I should share the folder d:\usr\sap instead of d:\usr.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved.Thank You

Dishant

Param

Sadda

Akansha

Gags

HCL Noida