cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in using XSLT in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to import an XSLT for use in XI.

I followed the steps outlined in the XI manual to import the XSLT program:

(1) created a zip file called transform.zip that contains the XSLT file transform.xslt

(2) created an Imported Archives object called IA_Transform and imported the zip file (transform.zip)

(3) saved IA_Transform and activated the change list

(4) refreshed the object list

The manual then says that I should be able to create an interface mapping and reference the Imported Archives object

I create the interface object, select Type "XSL" for the mapping program, and click on the "Choose Archive Program" drop down, and receive a "No objects found!" message. If I drag 'N drop the IA_Transform object to the name field on the Mapping Program field, I receive a dialog box stating that IA_Transform has no program.

Is XSLT the proper extension? (I tried changing the suffix to xsl, but was unable to import it).

Does the XSLT have to refer to a message object in order to work?

Any insight into my problem would be appreciated!

Also, it would be helpful if someone could point me to an example of using an XSLT within XI.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I tried again using the .xsl extension on the xslt transform. This time it seems to be working, as it now accepts the external program for transformation. I guess I must have forgotten to apply the change list when I tried it before...

Thanks for your help!

- Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Mike:

Basically i have all the necessary steps done based on your description.

(1) created a zip file called transform.zip that contains the XSLT file transform.xslt

You should save file with name extention of ".xsl", e.g transform.xsl

(2) created an Imported Archives object called IA_Transform and imported the zip file (transform.zip)

(3) saved IA_Transform and activated the change list

(4) refreshed the object list

You are right with those steps

I receive a dialog box stating that IA_Transform has no program.

The import process is straight forward, you should not have this problem, make sure your zip file is correctly containing the .xsl file.

Is XSLT the proper extension? (I tried changing the suffix to xsl, but was unable to import it).

No, XSLT is not correct suffix, as I mentioned, it should be xsl

Does the XSLT have to refer to a message object in order to work?

XSLT mapping program basically based on messge copy, tranform structure of the input xml message to another stucture. For large size incoming message, it take a lot of memory. Hope this will give you some ideas.

So I hope you re-do your process from beginning.

When you make xsl file, open it with internet explorer, make sure it is valid xml file, then zip it, create archive in IR and import it, activate.

Good luck !

Liang