cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to progammatically get Inspection Characteristics from Inspection Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I programmatically get Inspection Characteristics from an inspection plan? I am currently getting inspection characteristics from inspection lots via a QM-IDI RFC call (QIRF_SEND_REQUIREMENTS_GET_DAT2), but if the Inspection Characteristic is not in an inspection lot, I don't get it via the RFC call. What BAPI/RFC/IDOCS mechanism can I use from an external subsystem (VB.NET app) to get inspection characteristics (Spec Limits, Target, Operation, Activity) associated with a material in an inspection plan?

Thanks,

Ed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Culnane..,

What i understood from your qurrey is, you want to get MIC's from inspection plan.

Create a Quality work center, Inspection Plan and assign the characteristics required to you in the inspection plan. when you create or system create an inspection lot automatically MIC's assigned in the Inspection Plan will be copied. make sure that Task list used for Inspection Plan for your required Inspection type is with "5".

if your problem is not solved come back.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is the SAP system that my external subsystem (VB.NET application using QM-IDI) is interfacing with does not have inspection lots (and the customer is not willing to add inspection lots), so the QM-IDI RFC that I'm using (QIRF_SEND_REQUIREMENTS_GET_DAT2) does not return the inspection characteristics (spec limits, etc) that I require. My customer creates a reference (QP11) with inspection characteristics, then attaches the reference to a Material (QP01). When I try to get the inspection characteristics for the material via QIRF_SEND_REQUIREMENTS_GET_DAT2, I don't get the inspection characteristics because there is no inspection lot associated with the material and inspection characteristics.

The design is for my external subsystem to do the Material Inspection Characteristic valuation, and then send the valuation results back to SAP. Is there a way to get Material Inspection Characteristics and then send the results back given the SAP setup I described above?

Thanks,

Ed

Former Member
0 Kudos

ed,

the rfc qirf send req get dat2 is for interfacing with external subsystems based on a selection criteria, which is merely inspection lots and other stuff. so inspection lot number is base to use this rfc, if u do not have inspection lot number, you probably might choose another rfc or build an custum rfc on your requirement. its just my way of understanding.

Answers (0)