cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend XCM with own components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in CRM-ISA 3.0 I have extended the web.xml-file with some parameters or own properties-files to configure self-developed extensions of the b2b- or b2c-application.

After migration to CRM 4.0 it would make sense to reegineer this things into own XCM-components to simplify the configuration and to avoid unnecessary modifications on file level.

So I have the following questions:

1. Do you know any documention about how the XCM can be extended by own components?

Or better:

2. Did anyone extend the XCM by own components and parameters and can give me a cookbook how this can be done?

With best regards,

Holger Dittrich

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I don't have the document for this but we can have our own or customized components as wehave done it for IPC.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Yes you can create custom components in scm settings. Follow the sap isa dev guide which is available for download in the service market place.

You have to download the config xml file from the start-> general page of xcm settings and edit its content with required custom component and upload it back to the backend system. Note : take the backup of the original.

Add this code to the file and upload back

<component id="project">

<configs>

<config id="projectconfig">

<params id="default">

<param name="myParam" value="defaultValue"/>

</params>

</config>

</configs>

</component>

then change the code of xcmadmin-config.xml file from web-inf/xcm/customer/modification.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<xcmadmin>

<componentmetadata>

<component id="project" shorttext="Project specific setting" scope="application">

<longtext>Detailed overview on parameters configured here</longtext>

<params>

<param name="myParam" type="text" shorttext="custom parameter"/>

</params>

</component>

</componentmetadata>

<scenariometadata>

<!-- add additional scenariometadata here -->

</scenariometadata>

</xcmadmin>

add this code.

Deploy and restart the application.

Hopefully this is helpfull

Regards

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I'm guessing as I haven't looked at the source of the XCM admin yet but couldn't you edit the JSP's and/or java action classes of the XCM module for your custom B2B / B2C application, to add in the custom parameters? I'd guess the process would be very similar to editing the actual applications themselves.

Of course, I'm not sure how you access your custom parameters once they are in the web.xml file - maybe you could share with us how you have done it as it may be useful for something I am doing!

Thanks,

Gareth.