cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Centres as of SP15 - A doubt regarding authorisations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

If we implement Work Centres for Implementation Project team members, using Work Center Role SAP_SMWORK_IMPL, I have the following doubt:

Within each View and Link, will the system demand only one mapping of authorisation role ?

- example: If, within View called Plan, under Link called Project, if a given user has to open SOLAR01 in Read Only mode while another user has to open it in Full Access mode, how does it work ?

Do we have to copy and create newer Work Centre Roles for all such variations ? OR Do we just assign all possible 'Mapping' under the Link concerned, and the system dynamically decides, based on the User who logs on, as to whether he/she has Read Only or Full Access ?

I have gone through the Security Guide: SAP Solution Manager 4.0 as of SP15 and this aspect does not come out clear - at least not to me!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you have to create different roles, if there are variations as you said.

For your project display and edit authorization, in role SAP_SMWORK_IMPL check object S_PROJECT and assign corresponding activity in the each role you cope from this role.

This will solve your problem, feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

Thanks for your helpful response. Would like to know a little more please, if your time permits.

(1) >>Yes you have to create different roles, if there are variations as you said<<

Do you mean, different Work Centre roles - e.g. SAP_SMWORK_IMPL_1, SAP_SMWORK_IMPL_2 etc. ?

(2) >>check object S_PROJECT and assign corresponding activity in the each role you cope from this role<<

Being a non-Technical person myself, with limited access to PFCG, can you please let me know in steps, if time permits, that I can share with my BASIS person. The concept of Work Centres is new to BASIS too and I am trying to push this for an implementation project.

Thanks and regards,

Srini

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have Already answered your question, yes you have two create two roles

e.g. ZSAP_SMWORK_IMPL_1, ZSAP_SMWORK_IMPL_2 etc. ?

Check the object S_PROJECT and assign corresponding activity in the each role you copy from this role

Your basis person should definitely able to understand this ---

Object S_PROJECT in the above copied roles, there for Change authorization, Activity (ACTVT) should be 2 and for display it should be 3.

As explained above, keep in mind Workcenter is rolebased, my answer will solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I know you had answered in your first reply too - the reason for my re-checking was because I had a doubt if it was indeed Work Centre Roles that needed to be in multiples. Now, I am more clear.

I have acknowledged your kind reply. I would like to keep this thread open until the BASIS person is able to resolve for me.

In due course, I would close the same.

Best regards,

Srini

Answers (0)