cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deprecated Methods - Tutorial "Simple Input Form"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm currently self-studying WD-Development with the tutorials for NetWeaver04. My actual tutorial is "A Simple Input Form".

There it happens to me that some methods I am intended to use are deprecated and the NWDS doesn't suggest a alternative.

In my special case it's the method

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager.raisePendingException();

Question: Does anyone has any idea how to work-around this?

-

Next thing, maybe best answered by a moderator or other official from SAP:

I fought my way through quite a lot of the tutorials for WD/NW'04, although some of those are quite different or the initial project templates don't work. By trying, guessing and asking (here, for example; thanks again to all contributors) I gained some knowledge in "migrating" the tutorials to the newer version. Is there any place where I can share this knowledge or contribute in another way (regarding this migration) so that followers won't have the same problems?

-

Last: I read something about OSS-Messages I should make in the case I find a deprecated method where no alternative is mentioned. What's that, OSS?

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Are you working on 7.0 or on CE?

1. that’s what the Javadocs say: "raisePendingException() Deprecated. Use hasExceptions()true instead combined with a checked exception." See: [IWDMessageManager|https://help.sap.com/javadocs/nwce/current/wdr/index.html?com/sap/tc/webdynpro/progmodel/api/IWDMessageManager.html]

2. We don’t maintain a list of deprecations, since this is all mentioned in the JavaDocs- hopefully – if not, see Armin’s suggestions.

3. To share your experiences in wiki is a real good idea! We really would appreciate this, it will help us to improve the tutorials

Kind regards

Stefanie

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

no reason to be ashamed, we know that it's not easy to find information But will you share your experiences with the community nevertheless?

kind regards

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefanie

I already realized how hard it is to find information - especially if you don't know exactly what you're searching for (as often :-).

Of course I want to share my experiencs with this community - I think I owe it because you share your knowledge, too, and because I got all my knowledge from here - it's like supporting your old primary school once you earn some money

I hope it's sufficient until now if I post my experiences in the forums - I'm especially trying to post the results / solutions for those threads I started. But I expect there will be one day when I'm the one to help other thread-starters.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

I thought this over.

If you'll supply me with the original tutorial documents I'll update the content. This means I won't change a lot of text or screenshots, but I will correct it so it'll work for the actual API / NWDS.

For example: I found several errors in my actual tutorial "Simple Input Form" which I solved (little proud about this) ;). To avoid others run into the same mistakes I could "refurbish" this tutorial so it'll be a step-by-step-guide guaranteed to work. If you'd supply me with the original document this could be a great time-saver since I only have to change serveral sentences or pictures.

I hope you understand that I don't have the time to create (a) tutorial(s) from the scratch; I have to finish my diploma thesis before thinking about this

And you know, I only program WD/Java since ~4 weeks, I'm just not skilled enough to create a tutorial which covers all the things newbies need.

If you think that'll be a nice "partnership" feel free to contact me (preferrably in german).

Regards

Michael

Edited by: Michael Schüßler on Mar 31, 2008 5:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Hmm, I'm sorry & ashamed. To tell the truth I didn't ever look the method up in the API (http://help.sap.com/javadocs/nwce/current/wdr/index.html), I only saw the warnings supplied by eclipse.

On the website it's told how to substitute the deprecated method, but not in the corresponding warning-comment in eclipse.

Again, excuse me for stelaing your time

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. If you find an API method that has been deprecated and the deprecation comment does not describe an alternative, open an OSS message (see below

2. Sharing your learning experiences is a good idea, I think the SDN Wiki would be the place to share them. Or you could write a Weblog, article etc.

3. OSS is the online service system where customers can send error message tickets to SAP.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess that would be the place to send this kind of things xD

[ThereMustBeSomethingWrongException? O'rlly? No way! =)|http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/376/copyoftheremustbesomethcq9.jpg]

Indeed, it was pretty obvious there was something wrong =P

Regards!

Julio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

there are quite a lot of uncommmented deprecated methods, especially when doing the tutorials.

How will OSS help me, if you guys can't? Why don't make a "collection thread" (ger: sammelthread) for deprecation.

And how do I do it, an OSS? Is there a online form somewhere? Or do I have to speak to the supplier/admin of my SAP?

And whats that type of link to imageshack? I only get an error

Regards & beautiful sunday for those who have one

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To Raise an oss message go to the sap marketplace

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/

Regards

Ayyapparaj